Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Huge Value in CFL

[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys saying this isn't a mistake?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not bet on error lines. E-mail the book to verify, otherwise they might void your bet should it win, and keep your money if your bet loses.

That being said, which is the bet that you are referring to as being in error?

TO +120
BC+110
Sask. +950
Winn. +1500
Old 11-14-2007, 07:59 PM

Well the 2 teams that are big dogs...If these lines are correct then i'd hammer on both of them. Then i'd bet a parlay with BC and TO to win this weekend to hedge a bit.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well the 2 teams that are big dogs...If these lines are correct then i'd hammer on both of them. Then i'd bet a parlay with BC and TO to win this weekend to hedge a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how this plan can fail.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:30 PM

guys he's Canadian, he must know Canadian football better than a bunch of Yank line shopping donks.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you find a book to parlay the ML's on Tor and BC? I see spreads only.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:35 AM

wow SSK at +950 is such a good line
Old 11-15-2007, 01:36 AM

fwiw, BC is -7.5 and Toronto is -6.5
Old 11-15-2007, 02:26 AM

not sure what the deal is with these lines, and I have limited knowledge of teams at this point. Toronto is hosting the Grey Cup, so they would HFA vs Saskatchewan (but Sask has batshit insane fans ... only travelling fans in the CFL).

As one would expect in a small league it's not uncommon for the teams getting the 1st round bye to get upset. 18 game seasons with 8-9 teams in the league and you get a chance to pad your win totals vs certain types of opponents

Did some digging, since 1990
Road teams in the Div finals are 11-23
7 times the Grey cup winner was a Div finals road team.

Home teams in the Div final who are the Grey Cup host have a history of choking: 2-5 since 1990 ... but I'm pretty I've read that historically they have always fared poorly. This years game is basically sold out though so there's no excess stress on TO to get in so this thing can be a financial success.

Reg season records:
BC 14-3-1
SASK 12-6
TORONTO 11-7
WINNIPEG 10-7-1

TOR started the year like 2-6 though when Mike Bishop from KSU (yes his football IQ is still as bad now as when he was with New England ... hell of an arm though). BC played their 3rd string QB most of the year (Jarius Jackson - tOSU right?) and still won a tonne of games. Heard on the radio during my commute that Sask is really beat up on D and at RB.

My guesstimate on potential spreads for the final:
BC -2 vs Toronto, -10 vs Winnipeg
Tor -5 vs Sask
Sask -3 vs Winnipeg

I'd be inclined to make a small play on both road teams, but I have no way of quantifying the edge. I don't think the value is "huge". No idea on the spread to moneyline conversion in the CFL either.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you find a book to parlay the ML's on Tor and BC? I see spreads only.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 6 point teas on the favs would do the same thing. You get 1 to 1 that way where when they put the moneylines out you may not get that. There is that remote chance that BC only wins by a point and you get skrewed every way. I still think the value is high and the road teams deserve a bet to win it all. The one thing I know about the CFL is that anything can happen.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not sure what the deal is with these lines, and I have limited knowledge of teams at this point. Toronto is hosting the Grey Cup, so they would HFA vs Saskatchewan (but Sask has batshit insane fans ... only travelling fans in the CFL).

As one would expect in a small league it's not uncommon for the teams getting the 1st round bye to get upset. 18 game seasons with 8-9 teams in the league and you get a chance to pad your win totals vs certain types of opponents

Did some digging, since 1990
Road teams in the Div finals are 11-23
7 times the Grey cup winner was a Div finals road team.

Home teams in the Div final who are the Grey Cup host have a history of choking: 2-5 since 1990 ... but I'm pretty I've read that historically they have always fared poorly. This years game is basically sold out though so there's no excess stress on TO to get in so this thing can be a financial success.

Reg season records:
BC 14-3-1
SASK 12-6
TORONTO 11-7
WINNIPEG 10-7-1

TOR started the year like 2-6 though when Mike Bishop from KSU (yes his football IQ is still as bad now as when he was with New England ... hell of an arm though). BC played their 3rd string QB most of the year (Jarius Jackson - tOSU right?) and still won a tonne of games. Heard on the radio during my commute that Sask is really beat up on D and at RB.

My guesstimate on potential spreads for the final:
BC -2 vs Toronto, -10 vs Winnipeg
Tor -5 vs Sask
Sask -3 vs Winnipeg

I'd be inclined to make a small play on both road teams, but I have no way of quantifying the edge. I don't think the value is "huge". No idea on the spread to moneyline conversion in the CFL either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Close... Jarious Jackson is from Notre Dame.