Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Why isn\'t BluffThis banned?

I think RJ is ok with the huge exception that he goes nuts if he gets criticized, whether validly or not.

Bluffthis is trolling AtF like it's his job at this point. I'm not sure what OP is suggesting, but I think at least one of the mods of AtF should have given him a 2 or 3 day ban for trolling.

I understand that there is a small group of posters who love nothing more than to make jokes and random comments in AtF (I'm looking at you tuq), but outright trolling should not be allowed there.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that there is a small group of posters who love nothing more than to make jokes and random comments in AtF (I'm looking at you tuq), but outright trolling should not be allowed there.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't deliberately troll, that's for sure. It's gentle fun. That's why I really like Mat's new sticky - he seems entertained by the tone the forum has taken over the past few months or year, but it is kind of unfair for newbies who make a serious post to get no or totally useless feedback. Then again iron usually rolls in with the right answer and while this dismays me to a degree it's probably for the best.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:37 PM

Start hitting notify mod on bluff's posts. I'll speak with him. So will Mason if necessary. This is a poster who appears to be doing us some good in the legislation forum. And this is also a rare case where I can't give all the details as to why. Sorry for that.

I will demand that bluff change his ways a bit, but I want some recent posts to address with him.

[ QUOTE ]
TT,

"BT would just give up and call it a day in frustration if he was banned"

No chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, but in his PM he said that he would be the net result. Besides legislation and ATF I dont think he posts much anymore (I could be wrong).

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't deliberately troll, that's for sure. It's gentle fun. That's why I really like Mat's new sticky - he seems entertained by the tone the forum has taken over the past few months or year, but it is kind of unfair for newbies who make a serious post to get no or totally useless feedback. Then again iron usually rolls in with the right answer and while this dismays me to a degree it's probably for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

In case it isn't clear, my point is that the joking is fine and part of the culture of the forum so to speak, but that trolling should not be ok.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In case it isn't clear, my point is that the joking is fine and part of the culture of the forum so to speak, but that trolling should not be ok.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're retarded IMO. /troll
Old 09-24-2007, 02:44 PM

TT,

"Besides legislation and ATF I dont think he posts much anymore (I could be wrong)."

He had 33 posts this weekend in Politics, SMP, ATF, Zoo, Legislation, and NVG.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:44 PM

El D,

Pretty sick use of the "show all user's posts" function IMO.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:53 PM

People should be banned for doing something against the rules in a forum according to the mod of that forum, or in breaking T&C (and the usual scamming and spamming).

Trolling is a matter for the mods where he posts, and is of course subjective.

And of course, if that poster is in other ways beneficial enough to offer extenuating circumstances, then they should be less likely to be banned. Past record and familiarity to the forum in question should also weigh for/against that poster.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed. RJ was bad, had a terrible temper, created drama in way inappropriate places, but also tried to add things to the site like his headphones thread and in sports re: soccer. BluffTHIS does nothing but troll, troll, and troll. He hasn't tried to get along with anyone ever. I hate him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get along with him fine.