Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 01:05 AM

Default NL25: QQQ turn play

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $25.25
Hero (BB): $26.20
UTG: $28.20
UTG+1: $19.40
MP1: $11.70
MP2: $4.65
CO: $23.20
BTN: $24.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8 Players)
5 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.85</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.65</font>, BTN calls $1.80

Flop: ($5.40) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.55</font>, BTN calls $2.55

Turn: ($10.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($10.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $9.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $19.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $21.00</font>, BTN calls all-in for $0.50
Uncalled bet of $1.50 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $49.50 ($2.45 Rake)

My explanation for the turn play is that I wanted to check to him making him think that I took a shot at the flop and gave up, even given the drawy board. I figured he'd take a shot at the pot when I checked to him with a wider range of hands, and also with hands that have an A in it. I figured since this is a NL25 game, he could easily feel more committed and maybe call more loosely...also, I was going to check raise turn. Suggestions?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:01 AM

Default Re: NL25: QQQ turn play

Any reads on villian?

I usually like taking the stack-a-donk line on the turn if I hit the flop big and cbet.

However, this board is very coordinated, and I really am not a big fan of giving a free card here. If he called your flop bet, you might be able to get some value out of him on the turn. I would bet about $8-9 on the turn and get in AI obv if he raises.

He raised preflop, then called a 3bet, so he has some sort of hand. I think you can get value from calls with AQ/AK/AJ/A9/flush draws/88/99 if you bet the turn.

If the board was Qs As 8d 4c, I would be more tempted to try and check-raise the turn.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:39 AM

You must bet the turn.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:18 AM

Bet more flop. Bet the turn. Check-call the river.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]In addition, raise more preflop.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:34 AM

I know why you did this, problem is that it often doesn't build very big pots (IMO). If he can't call a turn bet, you wouldn't get much money off him anyways. I think it loses value, because online-donkeys (and we should assume most are) often refuse to bet themselves with the very same hand they'll call a bet with. So I'd just bet-bet-bet here, I think that's the best way when you're out of position.

Of course on the turn, the board is also kinda drawish, so that makes it even more important to bet. I'd make it like 8.50 or something.

If a none spade comes up on river I'd bet around 2/3's the pot. In this case it's maybe better to check and then call a bet.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]In addition, raise more preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the reraise is fine - its over 3x the original raise. BUT you have to pot the turn on the flop to make draws pay - when he calls i think he obv has an ace or a draw - so bet the turn. Its a value bet if he has a decent ace and ur making him pay if he has a draw. pot the turn and 1/2 to 3/2 the pot on the turn. c/c the river i guess.