Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 09:00 AM

Default any1 have a good deal on a Wii?

i'm looking to buy a Wii. anybody know where i can get a good deal? like a coupon or sale or something?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: any1 have a good deal on a Wii?

Lol. Good luck even finding a Wii available on the shelves. You definitely won't be getting a discount on one for a long time.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm looking to buy a Wii. anybody know where i can get one

[/ QUOTE ]

This should have been your question.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:56 PM

I bought mine from www.otbmods.com. It's a little pricey because it's premodded, but it was definitely worth it for me. Besides, it was the only place I could even find one!
Old 07-19-2007, 05:12 PM

Ordered one today on Circuit City's website, they've been in and out of stock the past couple days. Had to buy a bundle though, which is the only real option when ordering online. The options were slim, I got an extra controller or two (which I'd buy anyway), Zelda (holla!), and then I had to choose another accessory from a list of stupid options, ended up with 2000 Wii points or something. Bundles like these are the norm if you wanna order it online.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:24 PM

Ill sell you mine if youre that interested. I have 3 controllers, 2 chucks, and Zelda, Trauma Center, Tiger Woods, and Wii Sports. Plus a stand/organizer type thing.

I'm looking to get an XBOX 360 with Halo 3 coming out and barely have time to play Wii let alone both.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:48 PM

Went to Costco today in Pittsburgh (Waterfront) and they had about half of a palette left. I'd guess that's 20-30 units but I could be way off.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:48 PM

2000 Wii points is not at all a waste. There are some great Wii VC games available right now (First 4 Zeldas, Mario 64, original Mario, to name just a few). All things considered, that's a surprisingly small bundle. Many bundles will include 5 or so games, only 2-4 of which you actually want. How much did that run you?
Old 07-20-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2000 Wii points is not at all a waste. There are some great Wii VC games available right now (First 4 Zeldas, Mario 64, original Mario, to name just a few). All things considered, that's a surprisingly small bundle. Many bundles will include 5 or so games, only 2-4 of which you actually want. How much did that run you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whole bundle was $360 before tax. Included the console itself, extra controller, Zelda, and 2000 Wii points. I didn't realize how good the VC options were, I just knew that Wii points sounded better than a cooling station for the system.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:55 PM

Buying all that stuff straight would be $250+$50+$40+$20=$360, so I guess there wasn't any extra savings or gouging on that bundle. You'll almost certainly want to get a classic controller for the VC games ($20) and find a way to get your Wii on the internet. Really, though, that's a good deal considering you didn't have to go out of your way to track down a Wii. If that bundle is still available, it's a great option. It's basically a bunch of things that almost everyone should get as soon as they buy a Wii anyway.