Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 06:30 AM

Default best instructional video site?

i'm looking to sign up, and pay for if i have to, to a video site. i want to view mid to high stakes poker from winning players.

any suggestions? cardrunners.com seems ok. anything else/better?
Old 07-14-2007, 07:07 AM

Default Re: best instructional video site?

man these sites must be making a killing
Old 07-14-2007, 07:22 AM

i almost chundered when i saw this:

"Brian has been playing poker professionally since September 2006. He began playing poker in August 2005. Initially playing .25/.50 limit holdem, Brian quickly moved up the limit ranks to the larger limit games before switching to no limit in the beginning of 2006. From there, he moved up from the smallest no limit games to the largest no limit games in the world in under a year. He can now be found playing 200/400 no limit holdem and pot limit Omaha on any major site."
i've never tried any of the video sites fwiw.

"John Kane has not been playing poker professionally becuase he is a wimp and getting a job instead in accountancy, a very dull profession. He began playing poker (properly) in August 2004. Initially playing 2/4 limit holdem, John very slowly moved up the limit ranks to the 3/6 games before switching to no limit in the beginning of 2005. From there, he moved up from the 1-2nl no limit games to the 2-4nl no limit games, which took him over 2 years. He can now be found playing 2/4 and occasionally 3-6 no limit holdem on a couple of sites."

hmmmm.....i kinda wished i'd didnt have a rule of whenever losing more than 2 buyins at a higher level i'd move straight back down.....
Old 07-14-2007, 07:25 AM

i play mostly 2/4nl and 3/6nl. i'm beating them for a pretty decent rate too i might add.

but then i see players like pooruser and others just destroy them. they end up with huge stacks on multiple tables. i would really like to advance my game and learn from the best.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:32 AM

cash games = cardrunners or sngs + tourneys = idk
Old 07-14-2007, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i play mostly 2/4nl and 3/6nl. i'm beating them for a pretty decent rate too i might add.

but then i see players like pooruser and others just destroy them. they end up with huge stacks on multiple tables. i would really like to advance my game and learn from the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

A little offtopic, but PoorUser actually offers tutoring on www.liquidpoker.net, and there are plenty of other good players that offer tutoring there and elsewhere. If it's just videos you're looking for you can't go wrong with cardrunners, sbrugby's videos in particularly are great.