Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Re: AA deepish, ugly river card

Agree with the majority here, this looks like a very easy call. As Jamougha said he could easily be valuebetting something like KK-QQ or bluffing as you look very weak and IF he´s on a bluff he might think this is a pretty good rivercard to bluff on.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yea I call

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-11-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that jack is as scary for him as it is for u. i dont think he bluffs here more than 10% and realistically like 5-8%. KK/QQ is somewhat unrealistic the way he played his hand. ur aces need to be good 30% of the time to break even. so WCS is he bluffs 15% of his range and vbets KK/QQ 10% of the time. thats still 75% of his range that beats you which
are most likely a J/set.

[/ QUOTE ]

based on heros line and being OOP i think he bluffs way more than that. This could be AJ/KJ but just as likely value betting worse and bluff % when checked to on this river make it a good call IMO.

Also if I were villain I would think AA is at the very top of hero's range here.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hero calls and loses to quad jacks or a boat becuz he is giving you a free card to improve but instead, what happens is that he improves and has to bet it big otherwise he loses value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. If villain is good, I fold and am happy. This looks like a sick play with a set...Given that, I'd make the call because I wouldn't give that much credit...Although AJ doesn't seem impossible at all. It's tricky. Can you call half the time and fold half the time? If so, do that.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hero calls and loses to quad jacks or a boat becuz he is giving you a free card to improve but instead, what happens is that he improves and has to bet it big otherwise he loses value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. If villain is good, I fold and am happy. This looks like a sick play with a set...Given that, I'd make the call because I wouldn't give that much credit...Although AJ doesn't seem impossible at all. It's tricky. Can you call half the time and fold half the time? If so, do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

no but you can buy a vowel [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]