Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 04:18 AM

Default live tells

please post them here. i'm very new to playing live, and would like to know any tells i could possibly use. stories where u've used them would be nice too. thanks in advance!
Old 06-07-2007, 04:37 AM

Default Re: live tells

People not paying attention, dont usually have anything. This "tell" tends to only be useful at stealing hands preflop.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:53 AM

Googletard FTW
Old 06-07-2007, 09:19 AM

People jumping up and down after looking at their hole cards and shouting "Yeeeeeesssss"
Old 06-07-2007, 10:00 AM

Alot are not "universal" they are unique to each person. I have seen one person when bluffing move their arms up and down. I have seen one guy always ask "how much ya got" and then fold unless he was bluffing. Little things like that.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:15 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

Tells are player specific so if anyone makes a list of tells, that is fine but the list is worthless until you observe the other players and can rely that a tell is accurate and reliable.

There are general categories of tells, like if someone is eating or on the phone and stop to play a hand, they have pretty good starting cards. Except if they know everyone knows this and decide to bluff like hell while they have something to eat.

If they fidget around in their seats, they usually have a big hand or hemrhoids.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:37 AM

Caro Book of Tells
Old 06-07-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People jumping up and down after looking at their hole cards and shouting "Yeeeeeesssss"

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL
Old 06-07-2007, 11:05 AM

If you are new to playing live, I would concentrate more on not giving tells as opposed to seeing tells in others. However, here is a short list of common ones:

1. On the flop, staring at the flop cards is usually weak while glancing quickly at your stack usually means a readiness to bet.

2. A lively talker suddenly is quite. Look out!

3. There are three flush cards on board and a guy checks his cards again. (He doesn't have a flush and is checking if he has a flush draw).

There are many more but like I said, concentrate of playing an even keeled game by taking the same amount of time, betting the same way, etc. Don't act interested or disinterested in any hand.

PS: Like online play, betting patterns contain the greatest amount of information about a player.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:23 AM

The way you can tell somebody is a crappy player is s/he is sitting at a 6/12 table or below. Higher than that, this tell is only 50% accurate.