Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 05:05 AM

Default AK Sandwiched out of the BB

The player in the SB is 33/2. UTG (63/2) fish who I feel bloated the pot and made it hard for me to control the pot size with him calling preflop and on the flop. I tried to get him out preflop to go heads-up, I knew he was loose but thought my big raise pre flop would get him out and give me position. River bet bad against this guy? I have about 35 total hands on these guys so small sample obviously.

I have $10, SB $20, UTG $10

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) HERO is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $0.7</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2.1, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $1.6</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6.9, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $3.4</font>, UTG folds, SB calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($13.7, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO is all-in $4.25</font>, SB calls.

Results:
Final pot: $22.2
Old 11-23-2006, 05:08 AM

Default Re: AK Sandwiched out of the BB

Both seem like stations, I pot the flop and open shove turn.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:50 AM

Lets say you searched your pokertracker and found out that your average flop bet when headsup is X% of pot. In a three handed pot, would your ave bet be greater than X%, due to more potential draws? I guess just "do you bet more in multiway pots?" is my Q.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:26 AM

In this special hand I would pot the flop because it makes my turn shove a little less than the pot (assuming they both call), but by betting 1.6 our turn shove would be a slight overbet. But it's not that important here as IMO the money is going in anyway vs stations.

But to answer your Q, no. I vary my c-bets from 3/4-pot to pot. What I consider when deciding the size is usually how drawy the flop is. If the flop is drawy I make a potsized bet most of the time. If it's dry then there's on draws to punish, and I lose less money to bigger made hands by betting closer to 3/4-pot more often (though I make psb's on dry flops too and vice versa). There are also other situational and read dependent factors I consider but the drawyness is usually the most important to me.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:20 AM

my bets in multiway pots are generally smaller. Reason being they carry more weight because I'm betting into more people, and I bluff significantly less when multiway
Old 11-23-2006, 11:37 AM

I like it but would bet more flop and probably shove turn
given the flop fdraw 1 of them may hold.

[ QUOTE ]

I bluff significantly less when multiway

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're talking onthe flop as the PFR I rarely cbet multiway 3way + but when I do I want it non-weak sauce to take it down now and usually it's a semibluff or the board looks dangerous and looks like it hit the PFR.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:13 PM

I see the merits now of the turn shove like suggested. I'm a limit guy and it didn't occur to me that I can get flush draws to actually fold (or really pay through the nose). I got stacked on this one he had AA. One thing I am getting used to in my second day on online no-limit is getting stacked and losing a buyin or more on one hand, it happens. Thanks for the good replies.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:58 PM

When someone calls a sizeable flop bet and then a turn bet it's not exactly unusual that he is beating you and slowplaying something - especially when the board is not drawey like that.

Personally I really don't see the merit in shoving on the turn. If he's chasing a draw then a smaller bet will price him out without risking your stack.

I'd pot bet the flop - I generally do with top pair like that - you want to win it there and then. If they call that then they have something or are an idiot. A reasonable turn bet will help decide which one. When he calls that you know you are in trouble so his river call is a gift to be accepted.

I have a sign on my PC that reads: "Stop losing lots of money with Top Pair".
Old 11-23-2006, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets say you searched your pokertracker and found out that your average flop bet when headsup is X% of pot. In a three handed pot, would your ave bet be greater than X%, due to more potential draws? I guess just "do you bet more in multiway pots?" is my Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you find this in PT?
Old 11-23-2006, 01:26 PM

You make good points. I think a lot of times I see another AK here, so my bet gains nothing, some might have KQ or something I beat, but this guy was really passive preflop, so AA (or some slowplay) made the most sense after he called the turn bet.

"I have a sign on my PC that reads: "Stop losing lots of money with Top Pair". " I got some post-its, I'll give it a try.