Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 06:10 PM

Default QQ - whats your plan postflop?

Villain is 18/15/4 over a significant sample. He probably has me around 21/18/4. We haven't gotten out of line with each other but are both fairly aggro. I 3bet a decent amount out of the blinds, but not usually against an utg raise, so his call probably indicates a pretty strong hand. Whats your plan on flop and why?

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($229.95)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($217.55)</font>
BB ($102.40)
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($190)</font>
MP ($311.60)
CO ($197)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $18.

Flop: ($52) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Old 10-28-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: QQ - whats your plan postflop?

c/r
Old 10-28-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r

[/ QUOTE ]

what does that accomplish?

Not saying I disagree, just curious
Old 10-28-2007, 06:25 PM

Meh, tight UTG raiser calling a 3-bet is going to be JJ+/AK so often. Against that entire range QdQ is 45% on this flop. So weak but I would probably just give it up. Our hand strength is deceptive. The flush redraw looks so strong, but we're drawing incredibly poorly against alot of his range.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:18 PM

Even against this villain dire i think JJ+ is a little tight ... i would say more like 88+
Old 10-29-2007, 07:15 PM

The easiest way to play this hand is bet/fold i think, but I'm not sure this is the best line as i don't see any worse hands calling or any better hands folding. If he has the Ad, then he will also have hit the king, as I don't think this villan would call preflop with AQ or AJ.

Is this just betting for information then? Could a check ever be justified? Could villan ever bet JJ if checked to him, or check AK (with the Ad) thinking he's way ahead and trying to get value from QQ/JJ?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, tight UTG raiser calling a 3-bet is going to be JJ+/AK so often. Against that entire range QdQ is 45% on this flop. So weak but I would probably just give it up. Our hand strength is deceptive. The flush redraw looks so strong, but we're drawing incredibly poorly against alot of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

your range is terrible... villain has position and hero has been 3b a "decent amount."

[ QUOTE ]
c/r

[/ QUOTE ]

winner... i didn't think of it at the time but this is really good.

[ QUOTE ]
what does that accomplish?

Not saying I disagree, just curious

[/ QUOTE ]

value from worse hands, you really don't mind sticking it in here with the diamond draw as youre only behind a few hands here. I definetly like c/r, you gain value from a bunch of lower pairs with and without diamonds whereas when you bet they can fold out pretty easily and if you get raised after betting you are in a meh spot.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:15 PM

crai

edit: but not always
Old 10-29-2007, 10:17 PM

c/r because you dont mind a free card but you also don't mind getting it in
Old 10-30-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your range is terrible... villain has position and hero has been 3b a "decent amount."

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is a nitty 18/15 raising UTG. That already restricts his range significantly. He's calling a reraise from the SB. It doesn't matter that he's 3-bet a decent amount. Unless SB is a tard, his range to 3-bet an UTG nit is going to be tight, and UTG realizes this. If villain was in later position then things change dramatically, but he's not.