Absolutely 42 29.79%
Yes 40 28.37%
No 35 24.82%
Whatever 24 17.02%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: The Story of My Divorce

Two conclusions-

1.) People should be required to take a comprehensive psychological exam to get a permit to make babies.

2.) Ditto for marriage.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:25 PM

SuitedSixes... it seems like she's a real bitch. In all these stories regarding bitter divorces (my parent's situation for example) I wonder how they were ever in "love" enough to get married in the first place. If you wouldn't mind sharing, at what point did you feel as if it just wouldn't end up working, and how long into the relationship was it?
Old 05-10-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: My week with my ex-wife

[ QUOTE ]
Good thing you're not bitter

[/ QUOTE ]

Bitter??? Bit him too.

(for the Hey Haw fans)
Old 05-10-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty much anything posted in any of the four "2+2 communities" forums should simply go wherever the poster wants it to go. All the same basic crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT and BBV4L are basically the same, except I feel like a voyeur reading BBV4L because I'm over 18 years old. I'm way to scared to post anything in the ElD forum becacuse of the supposed "high quality" there, but if I have an hour to kill, it makes for some interesting reading. And I didn't know that anybody frequented The Lounge.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SuitedSixes... it seems like she's a real bitch. In all these stories regarding bitter divorces (my parent's situation for example) I wonder how they were ever in "love" enough to get married in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you have not been in many serious long term relationships. As the saying goes, there is a thin line between love and hate.

Ray,

Just go away.

J
Old 05-10-2007, 11:22 PM

A+
Old 05-11-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ray,

Just go away.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude back off Ray. How bout you go away jackass.

X
Old 05-11-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am so hijacking this mofo.

Dids and I disagree. Look, I think this is a good read, but its basically a blog post, and to me, far more fitting for BBV4L than OOT. It lacks any real discussion value that I would like for OOT posts to have, regardless of the fact that it was entertaining.

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. give me a break. this [censored] is why i stop reading 2p2.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SuitedSixes... it seems like she's a real bitch. In all these stories regarding bitter divorces (my parent's situation for example) I wonder how they were ever in "love" enough to get married in the first place. If you wouldn't mind sharing, at what point did you feel as if it just wouldn't end up working, and how long into the relationship was it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The initial mistake was that I assumed that once we got married she would want to become American (she's from Mexico), do American things, have American friends. We both underestimated what a substantial undertaking it would be to share a life with someone from a different culture/country. Honestly, if you had asked me on my wedding day, I would have given it a 50/50 chance of working out.

When we met she didn't speak English, and I never thought she'd stay in this country, so we spent alot of time together as friends. It was about a year before everyone else started pointing out how good we "could" be as a couple that we started to even consider having a romantic relationship and she said that she'd live here permanently. She was very kind, very funny, very brave and not afriad to make mistakes as part of the process of learning new things, and very attractive. Over time, all of the went away and she became a very cold and bitter bitch.

It's funny, I don't ever think of it as being all that bad. I look at every incident as an individual event. It's not until I do something like this where I tell the whole story that I realize how toxic it really was.

There seems to be alot of concern for my little girl. I'm amazed that through all of this she really is a very well-adjusted kid and seems to handle the splitting time between two houses, two languages, and two cultures better than we could have hoped.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:38 AM

Brag: She's pregnant, so you can still get it on with her and not worry about paying child support for one more kid!