Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: beat: stars 10 billionth hand

he replied to the other thread...
Old 05-20-2007, 05:03 PM

He came and replied in the "beat: intelligence" thread:

[ QUOTE ]

Alright, Alright, Alright, ha, after many of you have been giving me a hard time at the tables, (and I would admit, righfully so) I figure I might as well indulge everyone and tell them the inside story here. Few things about this are really funny. First off, no I don't really play at .01/.02 NL, my idea was to sit at as many tables as possible and fold as quickly as possible. Because, I'm losing blinds, obviously I want to play the smallest stake possible. I had 10 tables up on my screen, and worked with 4 other friends who each had 10 tables up on there screens. I calculated there to be at most 5,000 cash game tables, meaning our group had an at least 1/100 chance of winning. I figured out that by using a bob and weave strategy of simply clicking on tables and clicking the gold 'fold to any bet' box, I could manage my tables much easier. When the 10 billionth hand came up I was extremely excited, but was not thinking to highly of my 24o, so I figured why not begin to lobby for a chop, and also why not say I have a good hand like AKs, because they probably wouldn't of believed me if I say aa or kk. I was saying "I have AKs, but I don't think it's worth it", meaning I didn't think it was worth it to just have dumb luck determine the fate of 100k, when we would be all be happier to be sure of getting an extra 17k. In moments of desperation to try to organize a chop, I was told that it was not possible. Meanwhile, I had failed to notice I had the gold 'fold to bet' box already checked out of habbit from my system. And believe me, when I saw the action come to me and I folded, I lost it, and I admit it was a really bonehead mistake to make, but it happend, although I am 3 dollars richer for the fold, considering my hand would of been 4 high. So I have to blame my system for my donkish fold combined with my overexcitement, although I can't really be mad at the system because it won me 13k (3k bonus for gold vip).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-20-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The people in this thread are disgusting, self righteous fsticks - of course thats BBV to a tee. Who the living f' cares where the f'n money went to you f'n babies. stfu and stfd.

Theres like a 80/20 proportion of high stakes tables to lower stakes tables and you complain that the lower stakes are winning these milestones? lol hello? If you were an 80% favorite, wouldn't you be upset if the 20% kept winning? What the f' is the difference in poker odds vs odds in general? Oh thats right, there is none!

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh...
Old 05-20-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
those people should be taught how to play poker by Chris moneymaker. that's what their punishment should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLZ [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he replied to the other thread...

[/ QUOTE ]

linky?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:03 PM

lol, forrest was at my table in the 3r earlier today
Old 05-21-2007, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"The 19-year-old woman is a university student from Canada who is waiting tables for the summer. At the time she won the $100,000, she had $12 in her PokerStars account."

i'm glad she won it. much better than having some high stakes faggoteer who doesn't understand the value of money winning it.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, and LOL at a bunch of (probably) winning medium and highstakes players with supernova rakeback and more monthly FPPs than the girl will ever get in a lifetime moaning about the hand being dealt at a micro stakes table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have supernova rakeback and more monthly VPP'S than she'll probably ever have liftime FPP's, but I still don't see why I can't be upset. BTW I only play low levels....50NL, maybe occassionally 100NL, and $27 SNG's. 100K is more than I've made in the past 18 months of playng winning poker at those stakes for about 20 hours a week.

Anyway I'm not actually upset because w/e...I don't expect to win longshots like that. But if people want to complain they are perfectly entitled to especially in the BBV forum. It was specifically created for that after all.

Edit: Those guys were dumb as hell and Ted was at my table in either the Sunday Warmup or Million....I don't remember which. Several people chimed in to ask him why he folded.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:36 AM

It's a lottery, you can't be upset if you lose.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:32 AM

Justine's my new hero [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to know how the guy with the T9 felt at the showdown. He was pretty much slowrolled by the software.

[/ QUOTE ]
A+