Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 07:03 PM

Default QQ Overpair But Villian\'s Stop and Go Makes Hero Fold

Villian is a regular and seems to be a good TAG. I have about 2k hands on him and he's running well. Some stats: 22/16/2.4.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($31.79)
SB ($30.84)
BB ($37.10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $.85</font>, SB calls .75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($1.95) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, SB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($4.95) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

River: ($10.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $8</font>, Hero folds.

My thoughts on the hand:
I was really confused by the turn donk on such a blank card. Initially I thought this was his way of trying to get AK/AQ to fold, but I have seen him play sets in this fashion. I decided to play the hand cautiously and just call. When he bets big on the river, I figured that I gave away my hand by calling the near PSB on the turn and that he's betting this river for value hoping I can't get away. Was this too weak? Thoughts?
Old 04-17-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: QQ Overpair But Villian\'s Stop and Go Makes Hero Fold

Looks like a tricky hand to play. He could very well have a set. Lots of guys will slowplay until there is a flush draw out there. It is definitely a weak way to play QQ but you may have played it very well. Only thing I can think of doing differently than you is raising the turn and hoping for a free showdown. I think this could be 99-JJ also?
Old 04-17-2007, 07:24 PM

Theres no way i could fold this unless i had a REALLY good read.

Your playing 3 handed.. QQ on this board is a total monster!

I would probably raise the turn, though i dont mind calling and then calling the river. Though that still feels weak.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:28 PM

this is pretty weak imo. if you know this player is a thinking player and a reg, then you have to figure he has you on a very wide range as you are raising from the button... not to mention its 3 handed. you could have a lot of cards, including a wide range of overs. id say he has A8s or 55,77,99, or 10s. this being said, you need to raise the turn because your weakness just feeds his strength anyway. from his perspective, you made a standard c-bet on the flop, and then only called his bet on the turn. if this villain put you on QQ i would be extremely surprised. id call this.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-17-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TBH even if i had a really good read.. i would still call! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]