Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 08:24 AM

Default NL10: trips moderate kicker and trying to steal in position (2 hands)

No reads at all as it is early in the session either for villains or me. Is it better if I make two posts or condense into one if it's the same session?

So do I just call and let FDs/straights draw or do I pull the trigger?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $1.80
UTG+1: $4
MP1: $1.35
MP2: $2
CO: $24.35
Button: $4.94
SB: $12.05
Hero: $10.05

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero (poster) checks.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.45, 4 players)
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets $0.3</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.35, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets $0.5</font>, Button calls, Hero...

---------------

And the second one. Do you like me betting the flop? River decision is trivial, right?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $1.90
UTG+1: $1.85
MP1: $2.70
MP2: $5.04
CO: $12.45
Hero: $13.45
SB: $9.55
BB: $1.80

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $0.3</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls, 2 folds.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.75, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.5</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.75, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $0.8</font>, Hero...
Old 01-23-2007, 08:48 AM

Default Re: NL10: trips moderate kicker and trying to steal in position (2 hands)

Hand 1: You definitely lead the turn for 3/4 pot, draws are about the only hands paying you off here along with pps. Get your value now.

Hand 2: Pf, I sometimes raise to 1 if I think villain will fold small pairs and call with some weaker broadways.

As played flop is fine (maybe bet a bit more but meh)

Turn, I probably bet more often than not here (depends on villain and my table image). If villain can fold Kx and I have a good rep then I bet about 1.25 and am done with putting in money.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Re: NL10: trips moderate kicker and trying to steal in position (2 han

Just to explain my (perhaps incorrect) logic.

Hand 1. Did not lead turn as then everybody knows I have an Ace and I expected MP2 to carry on the betting (which he did, this time).

Hand 2. I could have repopped preflop but figured I have position so why only get worse hands to fold and better to drive me out? Flop 3/4 pot is my standard dryish flop bet (though here you could argue there are SDs but I don't expect villain to have one). Any bet on turn basically puts villain AI and villain may feel pot committed with a pocket pair already, hence no bet on turn. I don't feel like I have FE against the shortstack.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:20 AM

Sorry I am sleepy. Hand 1, I check also in this brady bunch pot.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: NL10: trips moderate kicker and trying to steal in position (2 hands)

Hand no 1: I would lead the flop to try and get a feel on where i am in the hand. Its resonably likely you have the best hand and i would like to find out now if anyone likes their hand enough to re-raise.

Nice turn check.

Hand No 2: Personally i would call the river... i think there is a resonable chance he has a busted draw and is trying to take the pot down after your turn check.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:56 AM

Hand 2 he was PFR UTG+2 FR. The only likely busted draw I beat is Ah Jh and that is like one hand.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:02 AM

Hand 1: I have been checking flop on these a lot. I don't want a big pot here so I let a card peel off here; if it completes a draw and action heats up, well I've lost a small pot but won't invest more with my marginal hand. If it is checked around and the turn blanks then I bet out smallish and get called with medium pocket pairs and medium/bottom pairs a lot who assume since I didn't bet flop they may be good and I may be on a steal.

Not sure it is the best way to play this though but that's my regular line in family limped pots OOP. Otherwise they all float me and I end up stacking off (to price out draws) with MPTK in a pot where 4 folks have seen the flop and that's just spewing in my book.

In position after it's checked around; sure I bet.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 he was PFR UTG+2 FR. The only likely busted draw I beat is Ah Jh and that is like one hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.. sorry man, im way too tired! Totally missed that he raised pf.