Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 03:32 PM

Default I\'m almost Busto!

After opening my Pokerstars account in the fall and tripling it within 2 months, I am almost officially Busto.

I have no idea what I was doing last year to turn a very respectable profit. I was pulling an average of 2K off my sites every 2 months (I know thats not a lot, but I have a job, so I am a part time player at mid limits). Never the less, it was profit. Fast forward to January, I ran my BR to the highest I ever had online. Because of how hard it is to move money these days, I left it alone. Since the beginning of february, I ran my online BR into the ground (I have more funds I could deposit, but I havent had to since November 2005, and I dont want to).

The question is, what the hell happened to my game in a month? I dropped 80% of my online BR in 3 weeks. Ive heard of variance, but this is crazy.

I dropped down, but I found the lower limit games harder (flame away for this comment, but I cant deal with the lower limits).

Has it become a shark tank cause of the whole Neteller thing? I also have funds that I cant access and it is super frustrating.

I dont think so, cause I seem to have the same calling stations, but lately they have been hitting a lot. To be honest the hands I have been winning with I have been coming from behind.

Anyone else having a problem on Pokerstars, or is just me?
Old 02-22-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: I\'m almost Busto!

I'm with you...I miss Party Poker, PokerRoom, and the Cryptos very very badly. My online bankroll now equals zero thanks to Neteller and our [censored] government.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:51 PM

You are what is known as ALMUSTO.

I too am ALMUSTO.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:56 PM

Im on Life Tilt right now. I would say for 2 weeks I stuck to my game and tried to ride it out. Now I am just playing horribly trying to drain my account and I think Im gonna give up and just play FPPs

There were times when I made the right move for 2 hours and would just get hosed. Nothing you can do when that happens, but when it happens for weeks on end it sucks.

Something I noticed on Pokerstars, I know I will get flamed for this: Aggression is paid off. The more people push there hand no matter how far behind, they always seem to get there. I tried, but its not working.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:00 PM

Just dropped another 20BBs, one stop closer.

Next stop, FPP tourneys!
Old 02-22-2007, 06:23 PM

"I dropped 80% of my online BR in 3 weeks. Ive heard of variance, but this is crazy."

If your BR matters to you then this is absolutely inexcuseable. If you still want to come back take awhile off and then come back ready to go in a couple weeks and prepared to play small games. You can't play 10-20 one day and then decide to play your best in a 1-2 game the next day. Aint happenin doode

"
Old 02-22-2007, 06:43 PM

Based on my observations of stars and ftp tables, you're not the only one. I'm seeing quite a few regulars playing .50/1 and 1/2, when before they were at 3/6 and above. I just checked FTP and at this moment, I counted five players playing down in stakes. Good players too.

I don't think its from losing, but for sure the traffic is down. I think the Holdem losers are giving up entirely. Before they would leave Holdem, try stud for awhile, then give up. So maybe it is a stark tank, but stud players are down for sure.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I dropped 80% of my online BR in 3 weeks. Ive heard of variance, but this is crazy."

If your BR matters to you then this is absolutely inexcuseable. If you still want to come back take awhile off and then come back ready to go in a couple weeks and prepared to play small games. You can't play 10-20 one day and then decide to play your best in a 1-2 game the next day. Aint happenin doode

"

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting that me playing between .02/.04 and 30/60 yesterday probably wasn't a good idea?
Old 02-22-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on my observations of stars and ftp tables, you're not the only one. I'm seeing quite a few regulars playing .50/1 and 1/2, when before they were at 3/6 and above. I just checked FTP and at this moment, I counted five players playing down in stakes. Good players too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been pounding the FTP 1/2 as all my money is tied up....its not even fun when you don't care if you lose 20 bucks, so I don't know why I keep playing!

You probably just saw me there, not that I'm on your list or anything...
Old 02-22-2007, 08:22 PM

I did and I was concerned. You are a nice person and an excellent player. The stud situation is rapidly going downhill. I remember when 30/60 games going 24/7, sometimes 2, with a waiting list of 5 to 8 players. No more. Razz is maybe to blame, but I don't think so.

Thank God for the live nonrake games at my Golf & Tennis clubs. I belong to three. H/L declare is fing awesome.
Closed Thread