All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
Previously unmentioned ladyboy detection technique: ladyboys tend to hang out with other ladyboys, so that cute girl hanging out with a bunch of ladyboys isn't a girl. Same thing if you see a pair and one is an obvious ladyboy.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea they hunt in packs.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if your going out alone, how hard is it to get together with other tourists or locals or does everyone keep to themselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

very easy if you're outgoing. find an irish bar, live music bar etc where backpackers will be hanging out and you'll probably see a line of 10 individuals leaning on the bar not speaking to each other, this will be the backpackers who arrived that day and haven't drank enough yet.

just spark up a chat about which thai beers/whiskey/buckets to try. all else fails, you could get a thai gf in minutes, failing that taxi drivers will show you a great night out.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:47 AM

Thanks for the reply Jay,

im sold
Old 08-17-2007, 09:39 PM

Also, for the ladyboys, check the hands, they have big man hands, not like the usual very small thai girls hands.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:57 PM

People

Write more in this thread, k thx

Plz!

Btw has anyone tried the Rosetta Stone Language thing? Or what stuff have you all used to master thai like true champs? :-)
Old 08-21-2007, 01:21 PM

saudia arabia's problem with thailand probably has more to do with the gem scandal than social vices.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-921679.html
Old 08-23-2007, 12:03 PM

I'm heading out to Bangkok at the end of September to meet my friend who has some family out there, were looking to get a place together for about three months. I've looked around online and hes talked to his brothers some (locals) but I'm finding a huge variation in price and not a whole lot of info on quality.

We're looking for a reasonable but not lavish 2 bedroom near a BTS stop, the location doesn't have to be so great as long as its easy to get around. We want to keep it around 25,000 baht, furnished, with internet and all that.

I've found a few links that could work, but I've also read in here that the online listings are ripoffs, any suggestions?

http://bangkok.craigslist.org/apa/402999362.html
http://bangkok.craigslist.org/apa/402029220.html
http://www.thaiapartment.com/AptDetail.asp
Old 08-23-2007, 01:07 PM

Looks like that last link doesn't work...

http://www.bosstower.com/A.html
Old 08-25-2007, 01:16 AM

It's been over a year since I stayed here but at the "Centre Point" serviced Apts' on Petchburi Road, Soi 15 I had a room for 29,000 a month. It was a large room with small kitchen and on-suite Bathroom. Fully furnished with cable T.v and free internet access. Good room service, nice clean swimming pool and a small but decent Gym. I had to
haggle the price down from 32,000 though and (please note that I walked in and negotiated )I paid for two months and gave a months deposit if I recall correctly. The walk to the BTS was a full 10 minutes. Outside the grounds was Burger King, Swenson ice cream, Pizza hut, a 7/11 as well as local street vendours during the day. It is only a 10 minute Taxi drive to the infamous "Nana" area where I am sure you will venture, however 10 minute Taxi rides in BKK can become 30! However I would like to suggest you book a Hotel for a couple of nights and then have a look when you get there so you get a feel for the places you look at. Also you are in a better posistion to haggle, just be polite and smile and you should be able to save a few Baht. A few suggestions for your Hotel for the first few nights would be
www.Amari.com/Boulevard

www.landmarkbangkok.com

www.majesticsuites.com

www.ConradHotels.com/Bangkok

and I have to mention this one because, well everyone has stayed here! www.nanahotel.co.th.

All above Hotels are in the Nana area and next to the BTS. With the acception of the last one they are a good place to stay whilst finding somewhere more permanent. Hope this helps. Kob Khun Khrap.

ps www.centrepoint.com
Old 08-25-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's been over a year since I stayed here but at the "Centre Point" serviced Apts' on Petchburi Road, Soi 15 I had a room for 29,000 a month. It was a large room with small kitchen and on-suite Bathroom. Fully furnished with cable T.v and free internet access. Good room service, nice clean swimming pool and a small but decent Gym. I had to
haggle the price down from 32,000 though and (please note that I walked in and negotiated )I paid for two months and gave a months deposit if I recall correctly. The walk to the BTS was a full 10 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... a bit under 1000$ a month for a room 10min from the bts. Sorry sir but you are a fish at renting.
Closed Thread