Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: KK way too tight?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I shove pf as you're only 100bb deep. CO could be 3bet pf with JJ+, AK, AQs and possibly TT. As played I don't mind a fold. UTG's like looks pretty strong, could easily have checked the flop with the intention of a CRAI.

[/ QUOTE ]

We agree about shoving preflop, but in a 5 handed game I don't think the 3 bet preflop signals nearly as much strength as it would in a ring game. You have to at least test the waters on the flop, and if they shove into you, it's a pretty easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I reading this correctly? IMO, this would be a pretty easy call. Its a long debated topic but overall I thinks its pretty much fact that folding KK preflop in almost any action is -EV, especially at SSNL.

I used the word "almost", there are of course extreme situations that could occur where you should fold KK preflop, but I have yet to see one myself.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I shove pf as you're only 100bb deep. CO could be 3bet pf with JJ+, AK, AQs and possibly TT. As played I don't mind a fold. UTG's like looks pretty strong, could easily have checked the flop with the intention of a CRAI.

[/ QUOTE ]

We agree about shoving preflop, but in a 5 handed game I don't think the 3 bet preflop signals nearly as much strength as it would in a ring game. You have to at least test the waters on the flop, and if they shove into you, it's a pretty easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I reading this correctly? IMO, this would be a pretty easy call. Its a long debated topic but overall I thinks its pretty much fact that folding KK preflop in almost any action is -EV, especially at SSNL.

I used the word "almost", there are of course extreme situations that could occur where you should fold KK preflop, but I have yet to see one myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re read the last sentance. I was stating it is easy to get away from KK if you get check raised All in on the flop.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Re read the last sentance. I was stating it is easy to get away from KK if you get check raised All in on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, I did misread that, my bad.

However, How much would you bet on the flop? I don't know if it is any easy fold if you get c/r all in. After you bet the flop you are going to only have like ~50-~60 left behind. I'm not sure if you will be able to fold for the price a c/r shove would give you.

Opinions?