Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Some comments about the WCOOP structures

On many tables that I have observed, people (generally observers but sometimes the players) are complaining about the long structure and the fact that the tournaments are lasting 12-18 hours to complete.

I want to personally give mad props to Stars for such an awesome structure. It is so rare that we see a strcuture online that actually lets the skill factor come out in a big way. I've been watching so many different tables since 300 left and the good players are getting their money in good and increasing their stacks. If they get unlucky in a given hand, it will often not end the day. There is enough play to get away from 2nd best hands, and enough chips to survive more orbits if you get hurt.

As for the players themselves, do you not think that they would prefer to be tired the next day when they have just won $1k? How about $10k? $100k?

One other point worth mentionning is the idea of 2 day tournaments. The idea is a good one, in theory. But in practice, it falls apart. How many players would sell their seats to more established pros? Even 1 is too many. I believe that Pokerstars would catch people abusing the rules of such a 2 day tournament, but why force the issue? Why compromise the integrity of the tournament in the first place? If you don't open Pandora's box...

So like I said... mad props to Stars. Mad props to the players who go the distance. It's fun to watch.

Fell