Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 06:31 AM

Default Really simple spot vs. Cam Hua that\'s really not

So Cam Hua's to my right in today's 1500 and playing like a complete loose/passive station. Sample hand: He limps UTG, LP raises, he calls. They check through the JTx flop, he check/calls the Q turn, and then checks the x river looking like he's intending to call. K9s is good, sir (against aces, no less.) Well played. On the other hand, he's already made two flop calls with some raggedy underpair that turned out to be good, too, so he's at least trying to read hands well.

I've already shown one big flop sorta semibluff, sorta bluff shove at this table, then won a medium pot from him B v. B when the guy between us went busto. In that hand, at 25/50 with two limpers, he completed in the SB, and I checked QJo in the BB. Flop QTx, I bet 100 into 200, limpers fold, he calls. Turn K, check check. River 9, he checks, I decide I'm gonna own him with an 'obvious Internet bluff' and quickly toss in a 500 chip, he tanks, calls and mucks.

So, okay, the actual hand: He limps UTG. I pick up AK in MP1 and raise to 400 at 50/1. Everyone folds, he calls. (I have 5500ish to start the hand and cover him by maybe a thou or so.)

Flop QT7. He checks, but this basically killed his range so I check. Turn 7, he instachecks again, I check planning to call the river unimproved.

River K...and he suddenly bets 550 into 950.

Oh yeah, he basically has to know what I have at this point.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Really simple spot vs. Cam Hua that\'s really not

Snapcall.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Snapcall.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does Cam Hua have?
Old 06-17-2007, 08:23 AM

Ur getting nearly 3 to 1. Does he really check all 1 pair hands on the end like KJ? If he's checking J9 twice, then stands to reason he's check 98 twice as well. He could occasionally bluff w/ 98, even tho it's hard for you to give him credit for anything and you could call extremely light, but then, shouldn't he be betting something like QJ on the end then?

Anyhow, between him sometimes valuebetting a worse hand and sometimes making a bad bluff, I think ur good 27% of the time or whatever it is you need. But yea, you probably get shown 7x and 9J a lot although I'd expect those hands to bet more on river if it was online.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:53 AM

He could be throwing out a blocking bet with K9s again...

It doesn't really matter. You have to call so you will seen his cards soon enough anyway.

He might have you beat, I'm definitely not raising, but to consider folding for this price seems absurd.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:10 AM

Extraordinarily easy fold IF you think he can read hands, and is on the basic level of "I can read hands" and not, "I can read hands, you know I can read hands, watch this ill bluff where I should never be bluffing and you'll always call!"

Out of curiousity, were you v-betting the river when checkd too..
Old 06-17-2007, 10:38 AM

Funny that Cam is playing that way nowadays, because he was always one of the tightest squeezeboxes this side of the whateverthatriverinvietnam is.

I bet 500 preflop for openers...400 just asks for him to troll in with crapola 500 at least reduces his range a bit to the small pairs and maybe kq qj whatever whatever, which is still kinda what I am putting him on regardless of that k9s abortion hand u described...

I also bet the flop here...and I call the river...I am expecting him to turn over either a str8 or 2 pr or a small pair bluff, so with those odds I think it is worth a call.

sheets

edit: why does he have to know what u had? u can have any number of pairs here.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Snapcall.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does Cam Hua have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the appropriate answer to what does he have is who knows and who cares? You just rivered top pair, top kicker, and he bet 1/2 the pot, which is 12% of your stack. You have to call. He could be bluffing, have the nuts, have two pair, have a medium pair, it doesn't matter at this price. If I had to guess, I'd say you're probably beat, your play of the hand is screaming AK (although not definitively) and he just bet into you when you hit one of your cards.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:29 PM

I am not really sure that a mp raise and then a flop and turn check in position is announcing that you have AK. I mean, there are other hands that you (and by 'you' I mean an unknown) raise pf and then don't c-bet right?
Old 06-17-2007, 12:34 PM

seems like a call vs anyone.

Your hand isnt necessarily what it is, you certainly can have other hands here. He can be betting with a queen, he can be making a random/ slightly retarded bluff, he can also just be some dumb live player.