Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on Humberto Brenes

I played him HU in atlantis in the first round of the battleship thingy.

I had him down to 200 chips to my 2800 and managed to lose somehow, he had a huge luckbox up his ass.

Overall he was pretty nice, but really annoying as well. I was raising and cbetting like every single hand and he was playing like a huge nit, so I was gradually taking a huge lead. Then I made some random stab at a pot on the river, like a 10bb pot literally, he calls w/ middle pair and starts twirling around and saying "ohhhh ohhh you bluff tooo much!!! you bluff too much!!!" I had half a mind to point out to him that I took like 750 chips off of him from "bluffing too much" but decided against it.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:27 PM

i'm not sure if anybody's pointed it out yet, but he talks with a funny accent and says things like "ummberto is a chark" and "how do you say chark in spanish? ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmberto!" it's so cute!
Old 05-28-2007, 06:16 PM

he was doing his clown act in the first few levels of the PCA with no cameras around at a couple tables over from mine. obnoxious as [censored]
Old 05-29-2007, 11:23 AM

Just ask Brad Booth what he thinks about him... Short version - he is an idiot.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last year during day 4 of the WSOP ME he was a few tables away from me and never shut the hell up.

The absolute worst moment, is when a short stack moves all in on the button into Humberto's BB and he pauses the action to call the cameras over. They sit there waiting for 2 minutes then when they get there Humberto goes into song and dance mode for a little while before finally calling with.....AA. The guy flips up QQ, loses, and you see him storm off on the coverage as Humberto rambles on about how you say shark in Spanish. They don't show you why the guy was so pissed during the coverage obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I guess 'Humberto' rhymes with 'hunt.'
Old 05-29-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Probably a nice guy, but when he was doing his [censored] during the WSOP ME last year it was simpy unnacceptable. Guy moves in with queens preflop or something, Humberto starts dancing, waving this little shark around (without calling). Then he calls over the ESPN cameras and does this whole show about being a shark and then calls with aces.

He gets away with it cause he's foreign and friendly, but if I tried that [censored] I'd get shot even if I was mother teresa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

Sr. Brenes speaks and writes Spanish, which will be very useful in this industry in the next 24-36 months.

(Unfortunately for you, you don't speak German even though you have a German surname. That means your worth to the industry at this point is virtually zero.)

--

In case you haven't figured it out by now:

Sr. Brenes put on a show at the 2006 WSOP because he was likely auditioning for a media job with el lider mundial en deportes.

He ended up getting a media job with el lider mundial en deportes (writing poker for a Spanish-language website).

Another person that 90+% of you absolutely hate, a female poker pro with initials A.D., landed a marketing job with the same organization two years ago.

I wonder which pro will be the next target of a 2+2 "hate" thread. There seems to be one starting every hour...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oliver:

Twice now, you have shown Dids comment about Brenes being an attention whore when the cameras come by as correct. You may view that as being part of a hate thread but this board is for commentary and opinion. You sure had no problem spewing hatred for the WPT for a long long time yet you now have problems with those of us pointing out our dissatisfaction and disgust with a slow rolling attention whore?

You provide great information to this board but are probably in the top 5 for hypocrites.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not sure if anybody's pointed it out yet, but he talks with a funny accent and says things like "ummberto is a chark" and "how do you say chark in spanish? ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmberto!" it's so cute!

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he have a poker name? Here is one -- el asso wipo

Old 05-29-2007, 02:07 PM

Especially on the Caribbean Handicapped Poker Tour.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:49 AM

[censored]
Old 05-31-2007, 08:23 PM

How is it off-topic to point out the possible connection between acting like a clown and procuring a paying position?

It doesn't mean it's justified, merely that there was a reason behind the acting.