Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Re: New \"strategy\": cap with 84o in tight game

1) its PERHAPS..obvious...that capping (or 3 betting) with a weak holding is a -EV...

2) is 3 betting or capping with AQ -EV??? I think its debatable( i know ."it depends"..lol)......is capping with 98-suited on the button with 5 players in -EV?

3) how does one judge the value...of future calls...from turning over 34 suited that you capped it with?

4) a thought....showing 2 (not just one..the first could be DECEPTION..lol)..crap hands that you played strong....will get you enough calls in the future to be a +EV?

5) if you play a tight/aggressive game. in short order you will not get played with....you always have a hand.
where and when does one....change it up?

6) last one...
from a 8/16 game at CCC. I have Qd,Qh in MP. two players limp in. I.. 2 bet...the button 3 bets....both blinds and the two limpers call.......I call.
6 players for 3 bets to the flop
flop is Ah,Ks,4d......the BB bets...a EP limper raises.. next limper folds..I FOLD....the button 3 bets it!!!....SB folds....origial bettor folds....the 2 bettor calls.
2 players to the turn of ....Ad

ep player checks...button bets....ep player folds..

button turns over 76 of hearts....laughs and stacks the chips!!!!