Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Questionable posts by mods. *Official Thread*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boro,

Wait so let's see. There are *20* countem TWENTY active threads on RP in the politics forum this month *so far* and I'm a troll for bringing attention to that fact?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Because it clearly is not in need of attention. Do you see why?

You are the definition of a troll:

[ QUOTE ]
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum or group with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shockingly, there are a large number of frequent posters in the Politics forum who like discussing Ron Paul. Last time I checked, that's what these forums are for, so that posters can discuss the things that interest them. Sorry if this has caused you to clench your panties into your anus. You are certainly free to start threads about presidential candidates that nobody in the 2+2 Politics forum gives a [censored] about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boro, I'm finding it difficult to apply that definition to the poltiics forum. The whole point is to argue and debate, statements should result in those things. I don't mind statements such as these, if they are presented intelligently, and don't end every post with "shame on you, blackwater!"
Old 11-12-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, just because BluffThis is a lot smarter than you doesn't mean he's a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but this does:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12926785

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, you have a very creative definition of trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I have the standard definition:

[ QUOTE ]
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum or group with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-12-2007, 07:41 PM

Boro,

Just admit you are pissed at me because I pwnd your ass and showed up your flawed arguments based on incorrect and exaggerated historical examples. But of course your ego won't let you admit your error and just not use that historical example in future AC arguments. Instead you apparently feel it necessary to never admit error when you are talking crap outside the fields you know best. The better AC posters don't get caught up in crap like this so the question is why do you?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boro,

Wait so let's see. There are *20* countem TWENTY active threads on RP in the politics forum this month *so far* and I'm a troll for bringing attention to that fact?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Because it clearly is not in need of attention. Do you see why?

You are the definition of a troll:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shockingly, there are a large number of frequent posters in the Politics forum who like discussing Ron Paul. Last time I checked, that's what these forums are for, so that posters can discuss the things that interest them. Sorry if this has caused you to clench your panties into your anus. You are certainly free to start threads about presidential candidates that nobody in the 2+2 Politics forum gives a [censored] about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boro, I'm finding it difficult to apply that definition to the poltiics forum. The whole point is to argue and debate, statements should result in those things. I don't mind statements such as these, if they are presented intelligently, and don't end every post with "shame on you, blackwater!"

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a difference between rational argument and baiting. His post was clearly baiting.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shockingly, there are a large number of frequent posters in the Politics forum who like discussing Ron Paul.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a large number of OOT people that like talking about tipping and body hair removal, doesn't mean it should dominate the boards.

although it is working, as I'm being swayed by these posts that were so graciously compiled. Dr. Paul for Prez!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:44 PM

The only worthwhile thing about the politics forum is that it gives the politards somewhere to post - typically keeping them out of the other fourms.

This does not seem to be working at the moment.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shockingly, there are a large number of frequent posters in the Politics forum who like discussing Ron Paul.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a large number of OOT people that like talking about tipping and body hair removal, doesn't mean it should dominate the boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

iron is free to crack down. The last incompetent mod who tried to enforce his personal agenda that the majority of the Politics regulars disagreed with got removed from his post.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boro,

Just admit you are pissed at me because I pwnd your ass and showed up your flawed arguments based on incorrect and exaggerated historical examples. But of course your ego won't let you admit your error and just not use that historical example in future AC arguments. Instead you apparently feel it necessary to never admit error when you are talking crap outside the fields you know best. The better AC posters don't get caught up in crap like this so the question is why do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. What a complete jackhole.

You are one of the best trolls I have ever seen.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only worthwhile thing about the politics forum is that it gives the politards somewhere to post - typically keeping them out of the other fourms.

This does not seem to be working at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a cyclical occurrence for the politards. Every once in a while their idiocy spills over to other forums (like ATF), and then Mason or Mat will step in and shut the politics forum down for a few days to calm them down, this is then usually followed by making Censored a mod of the forum for a brief time. When it's reopened and they see what its like to post under Censored, who does not tolerate their stupidity, they generally behave for a few months until the next cycle, rinse, and repeat.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a difference between rational argument and baiting. His post was clearly baiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boro,

This is a serious comment. To my mind, though admittedly I may not be up on some of the newer AC posters' writings, pvn is clearly the best AC poster out there. I don't think you will ever see him whine about being "baited". Instead he either doesn't respond to such posts, or he adroitly sidesteps the bait and then makes the points he wishes to make. I suggest you study his methods because all you are doing, in the same vein as Nielso, is making all AC supporters look kooky or foolish.

While I am no supporter of AC in general, AC does discuss important fundamental concepts and is able to show up the worst facets of the way "statism" is often implemented. But when you let emotion and a refusal to back off an argument that turns out to be flawed because you trusted the poorly sourced and reasoned historical arguments of others, then you make other posters not take you seriously. And that is a shame since you have an A+ science game in SMP.