Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Please help me with college

I am going to be attending Junior College in the fall. I am interested in majoring in Kinesiology as being a PE teacher/coach, just a coach, or being a personal trainer interests me. My really only other option I had in my mind is Business. Anyways, I can't decide of what my emphasis should be, Athletic Training, Fitness Nutrition and Health, or Physical Education. Unfortunately this is the smallest problem.

They directed us to a website named assist.org to help us with transfering information. I would like to transfer to a 4 year university in 2 or 3 years. For simplicity lets say SDSU. This is the agreement between my school and SDSU. I do not know how to understand this. Is it the classes on the right that I should take no matter what? I am really lost here. I have the English and Math class that I want to take, also Beginners Bowling lol, but I have no idea where to go after that for this semester?

Please help, thanks.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Please help me with college

You'll probably get a better response here
Old 08-03-2007, 12:29 AM

Serious question-

You want to be a PE teacher? Really?

I mean I guess its easy enough and the hours are good, but is that all you're looking for?

You want to spend your entire career splitting a class full of kids into two teams to play half-assed games of kickball?

I know it would easy to respond to me "lol, have fun being a lawyer working 80 hours a week reading doucuments" and that is fine if all you want is low stress/good hours, but you really don't think you could do better?

I mean, plenty of people are fine doing whatever, but why bother to go to college if you're going to be a glorified babysitter? Or do you actually plan to "make a change" and turn this obesity epidemic around?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Serious question-

I mean I guess its easy enough and the hours are good, but is that all you're looking for?

You want to spend your entire career splitting a class full of kids into two teams to play half-assed games of kickball?

I know it would easy to respond to me "lol, have fun being a lawyer working 80 hours a week reading doucuments" and that is fine if all you want is low stress/good hours, but you really don't think you could do better?

I mean, plenty of people are fine doing whatever, but why bother to go to college if you're going to be a glorified babysitter? Or do you actually plan to "make a change" and turn this obesity epidemic around?

[/ QUOTE ]
I get where you're comin from. But dude, his name is Squattage. Sounds like a meat head who thinks "squattage" is the answer to any problem you'll encounter in life.

Girlfriend left you? Need more squattage.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Serious question-

[/ QUOTE ]

Alot of PE teachers are coaches. He mentioned about being a coach. Ive had several coaches who have had a huge positive impact on my life.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:34 AM

You know what they say... "Those who can't do, teach. And, those who can't teach, teach PE."
Old 08-03-2007, 04:38 AM

....and get paid about the same