Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: SB unraised pot, 76o
4-1 4 19.05%
5-1 4 19.05%
6-1 0 0%
7-1 6 28.57%
8-1 2 9.52%
9-1 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2006, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Actually making money - Forum Project

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Quote:
John Chow seems to know what he is talking about, but I can't believe google is 90% with all the other options available.

Google is about 30 percent. Yahoo is 2nd followed by msn.

My experience has been Google will send 75-90% of all SE traffic if you have a #1 phrase on all 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was refering to percentage of search volume. Perhaps these results could be explained by user behavior at each site or certain demographics using certain sites more.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:46 PM

Update...

I have received 53 responses in email so far. If I didn't respond to your email don't worry, because I'll be sending out an email to the full list once we need to take our first action.

I think my plan is just going to be to send out an email requesting everyone send me their desired niche. I'll respond to any duplicates.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:56 PM

Im very interested in working on this as well if its not too late to get in on it.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:23 PM

Max/all:

Just sent my email, I'd like to participate. Also, I notice that the poll didn't include the broad category of health/wellness/fitness. I think that particular category offers a lot of possible niches such as informational sites on specific diseases, treatments, medicines, diets, workouts/training regimens etc... so that would be my vote.

Just my $0.02. When are we going to get this rolling?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:40 PM

Just so everbody knows... we have an IRC channel, #mmf on Efnet
Old 10-30-2006, 01:21 PM

What page is the poll on?
Old 10-30-2006, 01:22 PM

Here are my suggestions regarding starting this thing up.

1. Standardize the development. Use the same website authoring software, select a set of minimum requirements for the webhosts that people use. (same features supported) That way the more tech smart people can help the less tech smart people and maybe they can return the favor by helping the more tech smart folks with some content. If someone writes a handy script, or utility anyone else should be able to use it since the webhost and website should have a similar structure.

2. Quick start for content. For the first several weeks there will be 50-60 websites with not a lot of content. Would it make sense to do some kind of team writing rotation? Maybe divide the group into 3 teams of 20 and then pick one of those 20 peoples sites at random and have everyone write 1-2 articles for that site. Then we give each site a kickstart and after one week have at least 20-30 sites with a decent amount of content rather than 60 sites with only few articles.

3. For monetizing the website have everyone start with the same system first. It will help everyone get it running right off the bat. If we can get a lot of people to get their sites generating a small amount of money quickly, then we will keep far more people active and have a better shot.

4. Be extremely aware of the rules of the plans you use for revenue streams. Remember if you screw up and get booted it might affect the rest of the group, not just you.

5. We have a message board and IRC chat room. We should also consider having some sort of FTP server where we can archive useful scripts, utilities, etc that people find or use so that they can be readily shared. For starters we can use a sticky post on MB with links, but eventually there will be some custom written stuff as I am sure there are some skilled programmers in this group.

Just some ideas I had for starters, comments or more ideas are welcome.

Pancho
Old 10-30-2006, 01:39 PM

The poll is about 25 posts deep. Its on my second page because I display 20 at a time.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:53 PM

I didn't see the poll on this forum but I am still very interested in participating. I just sent my e-mail a while ago.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:06 PM

I am interested.
However, I have very little knowledge of the niche or the technical aspect of a website.

Is this ok?