Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: 25nl AA on a monotone flop; how is my line?

Here is wtf was going on:

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 16/11/1.85

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $38.15
Hero (UTG): $27.85
MP: $28.65
CO: $17.30
BTN: $37.60
SB: $61.65

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, 4 folds, BB calls $0.75

<font color="blue"> Preflop: Woo hoo, I have the nuts; let's get all the money in. Obviously I'm committed. </font>

Flop: ($2.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

<font color="blue"> Flop: Ugh, this flop sucks for me. BB is tight, so I put him on JJ-22/AQ-AJ/A8s+/suited broadway. I'm not committed (I do not think I would have an equity advantage if the money went all in now. My hand has showdown value, so I don't wish to bluff, nor do I think villain will make an incorrect fold if I do bluff. So I'll check behind the flop, and if a broadway card or [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] falls, I'll fold to a big bet. </font>

Turn: ($2.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

<font color="blue"> Turn: I'm still not committed; BB's range is still behind unless he had pocket fives. However, once again, I do not expect to be a favorite if all the money went in. I'll check the turn and call a reasonable river bet and expect to be ahead. </font>

River: ($2.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.40</font>, Hero calls $1.40

<font color="blue"> River: The high card paired, but I think a J is a small part of his range. This is probably going to be a bluff a lot of the time and he made a reasonable bet. Snap call. </font>

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

While AA is the nuts preflop, I'm pretty sure it isn't always the nuts postflop. That's why I think a more passive line was called for vs this villain and this flop.

Edit: Added in suited broadway to villain's range.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet flop, bet turn and charge for draws. Villain is going to call with so many worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please list these "worse hands" that a 16 VPIP player calls down with on this board.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you should be betting this flop, i like a check more if you have the ace of clubs, but then you would probably argue for betting there, you really cant let a lone club draw for free hence you must bet the flop or the turn, when you call the river it must be expecting to lose

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'd bet with the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Without it, I don't see my hand as being good enough to bet. Even my other "out" the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] doesn't really help me beat anything that isn't already beaten.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:35 PM

As others have said its a terrible line. If you think your explanation makes sense you should spend some time figuring out why it doesn't reconcile with what a lot of good posters are saying.

On the flop you have the best hand ~85+% of the time...if you let villain get to the river for free you have the best hand a lot less. You have to charge him so see those cards.

As for having the Ac or not...I'd be much more likely NOT to bet (or to bet less) with it than without it.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:16 PM

why do you keep writing that you will be "committed"? You can always bet the flop and fold to a raise.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:27 PM

This is seriously one of the worst hands Ive ever seen posted here.

You've got to bet flop for value/protection and, oh my god, surely the turn is a must bet

[ QUOTE ]

Please list these "worse hands" that a 16 VPIP player calls down with on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Off the top of my head, KK, QQ, jx, where j is a decent club, straight draws that contain decent clubs.

The way this hands been played your giving all his worse hands with 1 club a total freeroll.

FYI, 1 bet doesnt automatically mean we end up all in
Old 10-04-2007, 02:28 PM

bet flop, bet turn.. if at any point I'm raised big I'm probably going to find the fold button.

if villain C/C, C/C, C... I would check behind on river.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is seriously one of the worst hands Ive ever seen posted here.

You've got to bet flop for value/protection and, oh my god, surely the turn is a must bet

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Off the top of my head, KK, QQ, jx, where j is a decent club, straight draws that contain decent clubs.

The way this hands been played your giving all his worse hands with 1 club a total freeroll.

FYI, 1 bet doesnt automatically mean we end up all in

[/ QUOTE ]

TAGS reraise KK/QQ pf; my overpair isn't that great vs pair+FD/combo draws.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:12 PM

You're ahead of TP+FDs and can charge them enough on the flop and turn so that calling is a mistake each time. You're over 3:1 that they won't improve each card and should bet, hard. You always know exactly where you are and it's really easy to get away if a scare card comes or he checkraises you.
Like everyone said, you played this really poorly. Sets and flopped flushes (assuming he wouldn't call with non-broadway SCs PF) are a minuscule part of his range and are really easy to get away from if he check-raises. Just bet.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:16 PM

1. Flop Preflop
2. Stand up from table
3. Close poker client
4. ????
5. Profit