Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 02:13 AM

Default I\'m bored

The decreased traffic in this forum makes me a little sad. So here's a standard hand where I value bet preflop, on the flop, and on turn with Ace-high then fold top pair on the river.

Villain is a about a 50 VPIP and played pretty passively.

Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.00 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.00 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.00 BB
Old 09-05-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: I\'m bored

Looks good. Your kicker is no good, his flush came in, or he called with 4x, 77 or 66.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:37 AM

Why was this a b/f instead of a b/c? Couldn't BB put you on a PP and raise when his A gets there? What stakes were these? The lower the stakes, the more likely I would be to call this.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why was this a b/f instead of a b/c? Couldn't BB put you on a PP and raise when his A gets there? What stakes were these? The lower the stakes, the more likely I would be to call this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
you assume this guy has a brain?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:58 AM

I don't like this fold at all. You don't think that villian is either raising for value with a worse ace or bluffing the ace/flush once in six?

I like the rest of the hand though.

Btw, I don't necessarially think decreased traffic is a bad thing. Look at how chaotic the busy NL forums are. Some posts only get one or two replies. Others don't get any replies from anbody with more than 200 posts. Atleast here basically every thread will get multiplay replies from people who know their stuff and we regularly have some very good discussions.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:02 AM

The decreased traffic in this forum makes me a little sad.

We're all busto! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2007, 05:15 AM

For me, 2-5 hand postings a day would be ideal, then I would be able to study each one more thoroughly and in detail. Quality, not quantity. Like the Clerkmeister -post. If we had ONE of those a day and nothing else, I would be a happy man and had some time to play poker too on the side.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, I don't necessarially think decreased traffic is a bad thing. Look at how chaotic the busy NL forums are.

[/ QUOTE ]
To continue the hijack: I greatly prefer lurking/posting in the limit forums compared to the NL forums. Many posts in uNL and increasingly in SSNL get a one-line answer from somebody who didn't read the text and read the action wrong. The advice in limit is far and far better and there are a lot of posters I greatly respect, and they post/comment also in the micros.

It's just that NL is far more profitable (I play 100NL but I don't know if I can beat 2/4).
Old 09-05-2007, 05:42 AM

I'd want to get to showdown with this, so why bet the river if you're going to fold to a raise. How about check-call?

The way you played it, I'd still call. If he had 77 or 66 he would have raised earlier. If he really is passive then he's woken up with something. Most likely holding is Ax or flush. You're getting 8 to 1 on the call which must be good enough even if you completely discount a bluff.

You could also be creating an image problem if you fold in these spots.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:18 AM

Since we didn't get an earlier raise that would signal trips I have to think villain is often playing Ax here. Since he's 50 VPIP it could be any x. Your ten kicker might not be good against a tighter villain often enough but might be against this guy. I think we have to call this river raise thinking we win this more than one in seven.

Of course there are a few who wait til the river to raise HU but still I think we win often enough.