Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 11:56 PM

Default 3-betting, lets find a solution

3-betting, lets find a solution

We all know that PT can’t work out the 3-betting %/Frequency for us so thats something we gonna have to do manually (Assume that it would be a software out now if it was possible).

But the next problem is that is really tough to find the hands in there oppenents 3-bet in PT. I have been playing around with the filters for days now and haven’t find anything usefull. The other thing is that we will only get the hands that went to showdown so hands then button 3-bets 67s will rarely be included there.

My belive is that the Pre-flop aggresion factor is usefully but I don’t know if tight oppenents easier gets a higher stats there. I also think there is some kind of relation ship between Pfr %, Cold call %, Raise first in and pre-flop agrresion factor that could be combined in a formula.

Please give me you toughts on what stats is most relevant to get a rough ide about oppenents 3-betting % range.

I post this here since the pokertracker forum ban anyone that mention the word 3-bet [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: 3-betting, lets find a solution

interesting, I'd like to see what develops.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:23 AM

get the guy who makes pokermanage to put it in if it's not already and then get pokerace to support pokermanager.

I mean pokermanagerace he can charge again for it.

If it's that big a deal 50-100 bucks will fix it if enough people want it.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:45 AM

I have written a little program that will tell you players' 3-betting frequencies. It is totally independant to PT. It exports the data to an Excel spreadsheet where you can see a full list of players and their 3-betting stats. It's crude but it works.

I can offer this as a service if there is any demand for it. There is a bit of manual intervention required to get the data so I am not going to do it for nothing [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I'll post a screenshot of the output when I get time, really busy right now.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:52 AM

BTW only works for Party at the moment
Old 03-21-2007, 09:20 AM

I'll pay 10-20 $ for this, depending on the interface, how easy it is to use, and how many sites it's working with (I would love cryto compability)

Would be nice to not only get the % of 3bets, but also the hands villain has been seen 3 betting with.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:45 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of a submission service where you send me your HH's, I do the work and send you back the results. I would charge you $x/1000 hands.

Selling the product for a fixed fee would obligate me to support/update it which I don't have time to do. With the Ad Hoc way you know what you're paying for and I can update the product at my own pace.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would be nice to not only get the % of 3bets, but also the hands villain has been seen 3 betting with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this can be achieved. It's on the list of things to do.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:34 AM

how about a program that exports all of these 3bet%'s from the spreadsheet and adds them to each player's notes file on pokerstars. So while you are playing you can click on their notes thing and see what their % is, instead of having to go into excel all the time and scrolling down a list of 40,000 players.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how about a program that exports all of these 3bet%'s from the spreadsheet and adds them to each player's notes file on pokerstars. So while you are playing you can click on their notes thing and see what their % is, instead of having to go into excel all the time and scrolling down a list of 40,000 players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure about Stars, but assuming one column for name and one for %, then it's incredibly easy to export to the Party Notes.txt file as it is just in the form "Name~Notes>", eg:

Tom21~3%>
Bill~34%>
Eddy49~7%>

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]