Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: ON THE LOT **official thread**

Charlie,
Given your experience, you must know then how many times things are rewritten and rethought once you actually start casting, finding locations and shooting, and no amount of advance preparation can prevent some of that. And it's possible they only got about 1-2 days of actual shooting given all the other stuff they had to worry about. As I understand it, it's 5 days for the entire process, not just the shoot. If you can produce a masterpiece consistently in that amount of time, then maybe you should be on the show.

Plus, consider the enormous pressure these people are under, given what's at stake. Of course, someone will rise up to it instead of being crushed by it, and that's who will win.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Charlie,
Given your experience, you must know then how many times things are rewritten and rethought once you actually start casting, finding locations and shooting, and no amount of advance preparation can prevent some of that. And it's possible they only got about 1-2 days of actual shooting given all the other stuff they had to worry about. As I understand it, it's 5 days for the entire process, not just the shoot. If you can produce a masterpiece consistently in that amount of time, then maybe you should be on the show.

Plus, consider the enormous pressure these people are under, given what's at stake. Of course, someone will rise up to it instead of being crushed by it, and that's who will win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again the job these people are in effect applying for: Direct a feature studio film. The above excuses are fine but if your film suffers because of it you should not advance to the next round. Luckily for the contestants most of the shorts are mediocre and it is a viewer decides system.

But to be fair this is a really dumb way to discover a director. And I'm sure everyone at dreamworks is praying that the guy who does the all the FX work wins cuz he actually comes off as professional and having a clue what he is doing.

But many of these shorts have been 1st year film school bad. Thats a scary sign when u consider the job they are applying for....and that these are supposedly the top 10 out of all the applicants

and not a masterpiece..but something that even a michael bay could watch n go ok...go ahead and give him that 1 million dollar indie flick we need a director for....but make sure they are only directing..not writing.

Of what was shown only the gay comic and the musical shorts qualify...and thats only the case because they HAVE to give someone the gig
Old 06-07-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(besides the special effects guy...cuz it seems odd he would choose to shoot a musical out of the blue)

[/ QUOTE ]

One correction, the musical guy from the other night and the special effects guy are not the same person. Special effects guy hasn't gone yet this round.

I think many of CDS's points are valid. What's hard to figure out is just how many resources they really have for these shoots. Do they get a budget at all?

I'm disappointed in this show, I can't believe Mark Burnett f-ed up such a good concept.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(besides the special effects guy...cuz it seems odd he would choose to shoot a musical out of the blue)

[/ QUOTE ]

One correction, the musical guy from the other night and the special effects guy are not the same person. Special effects guy hasn't gone yet this round.

I think many of CDS's points are valid. What's hard to figure out is just how many resources they really have for these shoots. Do they get a budget at all?

I'm disappointed in this show, I can't believe Mark Burnett f-ed up such a good concept.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it depends on each task but they def have camera/crew/actors etc
Old 06-12-2007, 11:49 PM

Could this show get much worse? The hostess is horrid, the films are average at *best*, and Carrie Fisher has no clue.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:52 PM

the host has some nice cleavage though
Old 06-13-2007, 12:10 AM

The hostess is reminding me more and more of Marisa Tomei's character in My Cousin Vinny. I wonder if she knows anything about cars?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:52 AM

the films blow. however, this show is live. why can't we get bodog to accept wagers on the contestants?

i think it will get good when it is down to T5
Old 06-20-2007, 12:21 AM

omg those were some bad films, except for Zach's, which was ok. Jess is hot, but she couldn't direct her way out of a paper bag.

Anyone else still watching?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:24 AM

I enjoyed Comedy night tonight...several films made me laugh.
Will try and write up my "critiques" tomorrow if my CTS isn't killing me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]