Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 11:56 AM

Default multiple names for high stakes onliine

anyone care to explain what good it does when it only stays secret for a day or maybe a week at most? not like you can hide you i.d. when the player base is only like a dozen people or so.

why would aba/sbrugby admit he has another name?
why not keep at least a bit of speculation or mystery?

and the even more important question....if you tell everyone you are playing under a different name then what difference does it make if you continue under that name or switch back to your old one?

that is like saying i am only going to wear a red shirt when i play live poker, then if you lose switching to green shirt and expecting different results and no one to know who you are....... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

this is really making me curious. J.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: multiple names for high stakes onliine

How much money does PA make in a week? How often does he show up and still get no game, well there is your answer

Kex
Old 04-03-2007, 12:16 PM

i guess i get it, but i only works for a session or maybe two. especially if people "confirm" their new i.d.

why not go to great lengths to keep it a mystery???
Old 04-03-2007, 12:22 PM

+$500k ?
Old 04-03-2007, 12:22 PM

I never understood the point of making a new name and then spilling it to everyone.

If you make a HS name, do not chat, do not reveal.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
+$500k ?

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly my point. keep it secret as long as possible.
my OP maybe have seemed muddled. i understand why they do it, but not why they confirm it or don't go to great lengths to cover it up if it is such +EV.

sure people could guess, but mix it up, play games your other name doesn't, play head up w/yourself, keep it +EV for you new name as long as possible. J.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
+$500k ?

[/ QUOTE ]

my OP maybe have seemed muddled. i understand why they do it, but not why they confirm it or don't go to great lengths to cover it up if it is such +EV.

sure people could guess, but mix it up, play games your other name doesn't, play head up w/yourself, keep it +EV for you new name as long as possible. J.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant maybe because he won +$500k
Old 04-03-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
+$500k ?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I revealed the name because everyone knew. Not many people multitable 200/400 NL and PLO. So there wasn't more action to be gained since people had seen me multitabling the big stakes. I just use it as a change of pace from my old name.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
+$500k ?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I revealed the name because everyone knew. Not many people multitable 200/400 NL and PLO. So there wasn't more action to be gained since people had seen me multitabling the big stakes. I just use it as a change of pace from my old name.

[/ QUOTE ]

aba,

i know people "figure it out" very very quickly, but is this based on any sort of superstition? there are several really big name players that told me of some crazy "lucky" things they do and i don't scoff at it all if it works for you or them.

we are talking about millions of dollars here, any edge, even if is only for your own psyche is totally worth it.

so was sbrugby (the name) running bad, while brian townsend the player was playing the same?

anymore 50/100 horse in our future? you are fun to play with and probably already a small favorite in that game. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

later. J.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
+$500k ?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. Didn't know that. People find out pretty fast.

I wasn't trying to take a swipe at you or anything btw.