Default TPTK faces double barrel

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $25.25
CO: $53.60
Hero (BTN): $55.40
SB: $114.55
BB: $51

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($20.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $12</font>

Results: $20.25 Pot ($20.25 Rake)

Should I pass on the flop? Do u definately pass turn or can u make a case for calling?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: TPTK faces double barrel

This feels like a set, the minraise and then the lead-out.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:38 AM

I think I fold here. Villain pulled a check-minraise, which is (what seems to be) the most common line for a set to take at uNL. 22/55 are certainly in his range as well as TcTs although villain would sometimes 3bet such a holding PF. The only hands in his range that I feel you're really beating is something like AsQs, although this is also sometimes 3bet PF and besides, the villain should be trying to get more money in on the flop since his equity falls a lot on a blank turn.

It looks like he's trying to bet in a way that keeps you in the hand. I think you have to disappoint him.

In answer to your other question, I think calling the flop to evaluate the turn is fine since you have position and villain will have to give you additional info before you commit any chips on the turn.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:05 AM

some reads would be nice. is he a nit/tag/lag/aggro donk/calling station? get a hud+pokertracker and you would have this info.

against a tag 2p2 type: i call the turn and typically fold to a river bet, depending on the card. sometimes might call a river bet if its no more than 2/3rds pot.

against a nit i'd fold the turn probably.

against an aggro donk i call down pretty much always

against a calling station i typically fold turn aswell since they generally only get aggressive when they have a huge hand.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:13 AM

This is tough readless, but I often would call that ~1/2 bet on the turn. I agree with an earlier poster that Villain kind of seems to be trying to keep you in, but that doesn't actually mean you're beat.

One thing I am sure about is that I'm not happy about the situation, and I'm not so thrilled, either, that JT just pulled ahead of me. (I hate it when a card falls that puts me behind that severly donk-overrated hand.)

It sucks to be calling the turn knowing full well that I'm folding to a river bomb (and also knowing that I could be getting strung along by a monster), but I do it sometimes. I guess that's what playing chicken is like sometimes.

Anyway, though, with zero read, I think my most frequent turn play in this hand would be to fold.