Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: AC: Borg vs. Taj

the waitresses at borgata have gotten worse over the years. There are a couple of fat and ugly ones now, make me want to barf and tell them to cover up.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Borg is the hands-down winner on all the criteria you cite. It is a beautiful, shiny monument to capitalism, whereas the Taj:

-Has dirty atmosphere
-Has dirty chips
-Has dirty clientele
-Has bad drink service

[/ QUOTE ]

Cannot comment on any of these as I dont care about them when I play. I only care about the game quality.

I just spent 10 days there after almost two years of being overseas, my observations:

1. To play mid limit stud go to The Taj.
2. To play the mixed game (stud 8/b, omaha 8/b) go to the Borg for 10/20 it goes everyday. Play in the evenings when there are plenty of multiway pots, during the day the rake gets annoying as you chop a lot of pots heads up. Perhaps one person knows how to the play the game properly (hand selection, raising at the right time, chasing one way draws etc). The taj also has this game but it is 15/30/45 and I have not figured out the adjustments for this structure so I stayed away.
3. Mid limit hold em is infintely better at the taj, if you like volume games where you repeatedly get cracked and then drag monster pots -- where made flushes are jamming the river and you hold a full house [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. If you want weak tight games go to the Borg on weekday afternoons when the rich old types come and play weak tight. The Borg at night on weekends has line ups that have some very tough spots mixed in with weak spots (good seat selection is a must).

The coffee tastes the same. Girls, ambience, etc I dont care. I dont drink when I play so beer bootles or glasses or cups is all the same.

I played 4 sessions of mixed games at 10/20 and ended up 1500 (two 900 dollar wins!) including one bad losing day.

I played 5 sessions of hold em ending up 1200, no spectacular wins or losses.

I played 2 sessions of stud and ended down 200.

Not a bad week. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Borgata is essentially landlocked over in the marina area

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a funny statement.

I have nothing useful to add (aside from +1 for Borg), I just got a laugh from this.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. To play the mixed game (stud 8/b, omaha 8/b) go to the Borg for 10/20 it goes everyday. Play in the evenings when there are plenty of multiway pots, during the day the rake gets annoying as you chop a lot of pots heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't this game have a time charge and not a rake? I know 10/20 HE is $5/down.

BTW, I've found Borgata's 10/20 game to be generally a little looser than the 6/12 game, but my sample size is not all that big.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:10 PM

5 percent rake to a max of 4 dollars on the mixed game.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really strange considering that once you factor in the kill, it is a higher stakes game than 10/20 HE. Of course, 5% rake is also pretty unusual in AC. Is it comped at $1/hour or $2 (I think 10-20 HE is the lowest game at Borgata that gets comped $2/hour.)
Old 07-13-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really strange considering that once you factor in the kill, it is a higher stakes game than 10/20 HE. Of course, 5% rake is also pretty unusual in AC. Is it comped at $1/hour or $2 (I think 10-20 HE is the lowest game at Borgata that gets comped $2/hour.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Comp is 2 dollars.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Comp is 2 dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong but i think its 10% up to $4, i'll be there, probably palying in this game saturday so i will double check
Old 07-13-2007, 05:55 PM

I'm fairly certain you're correct - 10% to $4.

Jeff
Old 07-13-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Comp is 2 dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong but i think its 10% up to $4, i'll be there, probably palying in this game saturday so i will double check

[/ QUOTE ]

I am usually not wrong about rake but of course I could be. Please confirm and let all know for sure.