Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: 10 20 NL heads up, is this anything but a call?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How did you check to the SB??
The hand history seems a little off here.

[/ QUOTE ]

level? i also like how you played it, i would probably just call and then hate myself for being a vagina

[/ QUOTE ]

pfffft i cant imagine anything but a call here.

raising is uuuuuuugly (against someone ok-decent)
Old 09-10-2007, 12:33 AM

jesus, i feel like i'm wearing crazy goggles. this seems like an easy c/r. just cuz he's not bluffy doesn't mean that he's not some random FTP fish.

he bet/calls Kx of spades (you don't have to shove, just raise to like 600 or something), AA, and a lot of the time random hands like 88/99 that don't believe you because he's no good.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus, i feel like i'm wearing crazy goggles. this seems like an easy c/r. just cuz he's not bluffy doesn't mean that he's not some random FTP fish.

he bet/calls Kx of spades (you don't have to shove, just raise to like 600 or something), AA, and a lot of the time random hands like 88/99 that don't believe you because he's no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

set/bigger 7 is more likely. how often does he have AA after limping? very rarely. Kx spades is i guess possible but there are not that many combos, especially because many of them raise pre.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:18 AM

bet bigger on the turn if you donk and just lead the river and see what random crap he calls you down with
Old 09-10-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

set/bigger 7 is more likely. how often does he have AA after limping? very rarely. Kx spades is i guess possible but there are not that many combos, especially because many of them raise pre.

[/ QUOTE ]

we can't rule out hands that would raise preflop because he didn't raise preflop while including hands that beat us when he didn't raise turn. either way, one of us is putting him on something that doesn't make too much sense given the action as we'd expect it to be played. given that, i think you more often see somebody limp Kxs or AA HU to trap than slowplay a boat/good trips when it's obvious he's getting action and if he doesn't raise turn he can't get stacks in.

also, if you don't know which oddity to go with go with the one that involves assuming this guy is a donkey and they'll surprise you with what kind of crap they can have here and call off against a c/r
Old 09-10-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we can't rule out hands that would raise preflop because he didn't raise preflop while including hands that beat us when he didn't raise turn. either way, one of us is putting him on something that doesn't make too much sense given the action as we'd expect it to be played. given that, i think you more often see somebody limp Kxs or AA HU to trap than slowplay a boat/good trips when it's obvious he's getting action and if he doesn't raise turn he can't get stacks in.

also, if you don't know which oddity to go with go with the one that involves assuming this guy is a donkey and they'll surprise you with what kind of crap they can have here and call off against a c/r

[/ QUOTE ]

if your raise to 600 what's your plan vs a shove? you'd be getting pretty sick odds but it'd be hard to find a way for him to not have you beat. if you're planning on calling a shove then obviously that makes the times he has you beat extra painful. i haven't done the math but if just look at the times he has AA/KK and assume he calls the c/r with AA and stacks you with KK then i think you're better off if you just call even though there are more AA's.

i don't think it's so rare for villain to call here with a boat/good trips. i probably wouldn't do it but i could see a random villain (at least at 3/6) doing that sometimes expecting to get the stacks in by raising the river or at least letting him bluff again. and people mix it up HU in general.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:12 AM

snapcall
Old 09-10-2007, 03:44 PM

yeah i called he had 444