Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

beating Lou is easy

Save up 3 powerups besides the broken fret one

Wait until you are done and he has his final solo,, use them in a chain (use one, when it ends start the 2nd and then the 3rd) and he dies real fast and easy
Old 10-29-2007, 12:25 PM

I see what all the hype is about now. I didn't think it would be that much fun, but got it for the Wii anyway. Man, what a blast. Still playing through on easy. 3* and 4* most everything, 5* one song but can't remember which one it was. I have no idea how the hell i'm going to pass a song using all 5 buttons. My fingers are killing me today and I maybe played 3 hours yesterday. So fun though.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:35 PM

i managed to fly through all the songs on expert in career, up until the last tier .. going to give it a better go tonight (when i can actually see straight)

slash took me longer than he should have.

having a hard time with the online function "quick play," but i'm sure it will get better after they get the initial bugs worked out.

i'm not thrilled with star power activating immediately when it's available .. still getting used to this guitar i guess.

GT1T: how long have you and other higher-level players had this game? did a lot of the scorehero guys that toured/tested get advanced copies? seems like a couple of you have burned through most/all of the game already. just wondering.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else having a problem with the Wireless guitar going into star power w/o tilting, or NOT going into star power when you DO tilt? My star power start seems almost totally random.

[/ QUOTE ]

I began having that problem with my wired PS2 controller so I learned to use the select button and trying to keep the guitar as horizontal as possible.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:53 PM

We didn't get anything special to take home from the trip to Neversoft besides a hat and a tshirt. As for getting the game early, a bunch of stores broke street date for the ps2 version. It was just a matter of tracking down a copy. Finally got my 360 copy today, no thanks to UPS. Cruisin through the game now.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see what all the hype is about now. I didn't think it would be that much fun, but got it for the Wii anyway. Man, what a blast. Still playing through on easy. 3* and 4* most everything, 5* one song but can't remember which one it was. I have no idea how the hell i'm going to pass a song using all 5 buttons. My fingers are killing me today and I maybe played 3 hours yesterday. So fun though.

[/ QUOTE ]

basically me too. no sunday tourneys or football for me yesterday, lol
Old 10-29-2007, 01:47 PM

Raining Blood can kiss my ass.

That is all.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:19 PM

Picked the game up at Costco yesterday. I'm in the Daliman group, kind of gave up on passing hard on GH2 after making it about half way through, but I have plenty of fun playing medium.

Medium to me seems harder than medium on GH2. Anyone else think that? A lot more HOPO's than I remember in 2.

Overall I think I like what they did with the game. Not sure if I like the songs as much, I think some people nailed it earlier saying that they have good songs, but not all of them translate into good GH3 songs.

Boss battles are fun, glad they came up with that as a way to break the just-play-song-after-song rut. I also get a kick out of the cartoon animations between the different locations.

Only real gripe is about the guitar itself, I have the XBox wireless guitar. The whammy bar is just a little farther away from where it is on my other guitar, and the bar is longer. I just don't have the feel for it yet, and I feel like I really have to reach to get it.

The other gripe is based on the shape of the guitar, my right forearm kind of rests on it weird and it's uncomfortable. I think I have a slight bruise there today from playing for a while yesterday.

Overall I'm still enjoying it though.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my sentiments exactly. i beat easy yesterday, i think it took 5 tries on Lou. i haven't done all the songs, just the required 3 per stage. i may warmup today by doing the rest of the songs, and then bash on to medium. i really don't know if i'm going to get my pinky in action. it just seems so useless.

what are some of these advanced techniques people are talking about?

elbow strumming?
tapping?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The other gripe is based on the shape of the guitar, my right forearm kind of rests on it weird and it's uncomfortable. I think I have a slight bruise there today from playing for a while yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same exact problem. About 3-4 inches up from my wrist. It's a little puffy and red and kinda hurts if I touch it.