Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Putting in my notice - SCARY!!

[ QUOTE ]
You asked:

Was taking the plunge scary?

For me, taking the plunge into the world of the unknown was not scary. I had a vision / purpose towards what I wanted to accomplish in life and a 9-5 job was not going to cut it. I just refused to let my fate be like the fate of 90% of other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was basically the way it was for me too. In fact, I took my first job with the intention of being self-employed within two years. I couldn't wait to start building wealth. It was still scary though when i quit. But I figured that the worst that could happen is I lose all my money and possibly have to declare bankruptcy. I decided that I could live with that, and I stopped being as afraid.

I like to say, 'who dares wins'. For some reason, that little slogan has always rang really true to me. Its the guys (and gals) willing to take substantial risk (comparatively) that get to reap the most substantial rewards. That doesn't mean that its not scary - it is. And thats not to say that its not hard - it is. But it's being scary and hard is not a good excuse to not do it.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Also returned from a long time away....what Ive been up to.

I spoke with my boss last night and found that the company is unwilling or able at this time to offer me any substantial promotion and raise.

I have just finihsed my resignation letter and will be going into work in about an hour. My boss last night said that when I give my resignation that there is a 50/50 chance that I would be fired immediately. Supposedly a company has a choice once you submit a resignation to not allow a notice and let you go that day.

We'll see how it goes....hoping for the best...preparing for the worst....and thanks to you guys and my family I now see that the worst thing that can happen today.....really aint all that bad.

Wish me luck [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2007, 12:11 PM

Good luck!
Old 03-27-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-27-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I like to say, 'who dares wins'. For some reason, that little slogan has always rang really true to me. Its the guys (and gals) willing to take substantial risk (comparatively) that get to reap the most substantial rewards. That doesn't mean that its not scary - it is. And thats not to say that its not hard - it is. But it's being scary and hard is not a good excuse to not do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Those who do what others dare not do, are the ones that make the most money and are the most successful.

I only feel alive when I am walking that edge of uncertainty. Knowing that at any moment I can fail and have to start over all over again. What I do must be on the borderline of impossibility for me to even be interested in what I am doing.

You like to say: "who dares wins"

I say: "If it's not impossible, I won't do it"

I am a bit of an extremist but it seems to work for me. heheheh
Old 03-27-2007, 03:49 PM

livinitup -- I guess I wasn't on the MMB forum so much when you were around, but I'm glad to hear about your success. Congrats!
Old 03-27-2007, 04:04 PM

livinitup,

Sorry for posting so late but I did get your pm. Looks like you already made your choice on what you are going to do.

I just want to wish you luck and I'm sure you will be successful in whatever you do.

Nato
Old 03-28-2007, 12:49 AM

Just an update...put in the notice today. They decided to expidite my 30 day notice and my last day is Friday. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh well....starting one month earlier...should be exciting.
Cool thing is Ive got like a months paycheck worth of vacation coming on my last check. So...really everything ust kind of fell into place today and Ive been reletively calm about the situation.

Even the meeting was pretty decent outside of the unexpected timeline.

Anyways...thanks again guys for the support the past 24 hours. Ill keep people updated as to how my first month goes.

Richard
Old 03-28-2007, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just an update...put in the notice today. They decided to expidite my 30 day notice and my last day is Friday. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh well....starting one month earlier...should be exciting.
Cool thing is Ive got like a months paycheck worth of vacation coming on my last check. So...really everything ust kind of fell into place today and Ive been reletively calm about the situation.

Even the meeting was pretty decent outside of the unexpected timeline.

Anyways...thanks again guys for the support the past 24 hours. Ill keep people updated as to how my first month goes.

Richard

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! Its funny that they think that firing you 30 days early is going to keep you from stealing their confidential information. You've worked there six years! You already know everything! Dummies.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Last day

Well I did it. I am now officially self employed. My last day went without any incidents and went better than expected. I was even told by the owner of the company that I would always have a place there if I needed it. It just goes to show that old fashion loyaly and friendships still exist in this crazy world of corporate backstabbing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ill give you guys an update as to how my first week goes.

Thanks for all the support

Richard