Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 12-01-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Getting Started

Hi,

This is my first post of many I hope. Basically my flatmates and me all play poker casually and recently I've been doing rather well but always too scared to play online. My friend has gone busto so many times its stupid and he told me about this site.

I've had a quick browse and I've decided I want to play cash games, mainly because I am a student and can't afford to spend 4 hours in a tourney just to lose.

I have about $500 to put into poker from saving up and birthday money. I figure I need PokerTracker and HUD and then I should have $400 to put online. I will do that sometime this week after trying to read a large section of the stickied stuff at the top of the forum and watching a few vids.

So my starter question's are:

1) What site shall I play at? my friend plays Full Tilt but says it's really hard so I was thinking pokerstars.

2) Where can I find information about setting up PokerTracker? I'm probably being a doofus on this one but I can't see it.

3) Does it sound like I'll have a good enough chance to make money or should I refine my plan?

Sorry if this stuff isn't allowed, if not then feel free to delete.

The Godfather
Old 12-01-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Getting Started

At the lowest limits all the games are going to play the same. At the start dont worry about making money as much as playing within your bankroll. It took me about 6 months of playing online before I was a clear winner.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:05 PM

1. If you browse around, you can get signup incentives depending on what site you want to play on.

2. http://www.pokertracker.com/ has everything you need to know.

3. Winning is harder than you can imagine. But if you put time into the game, sooner or later you'll reap rewards. Posting on the forum and reading everything you can on the game is a good way to get going down the right path.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:08 PM

site doesn't matter, just sign up where you get the best bonus/rakeback that's a trusted site