Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 06:03 AM

Default three barrel?

12-24, 7 handed right now

CO is loose and very straightforward/passive. Earlier he limped UTG with Q8s, called my raise from UTG+1 and called down with a gutshot that he bet out when he hit it on the river.

SB is a young white kid. I don't have a strong read, but he seems like he is trying to play well, but is in a little over his head.

BB is a straightforward, tightish player.

PF: Hero is button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
three folds, CO open-limps, Hero raises, both blinds call, CO calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players, 8 SB)
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets, only SB calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players, 5 BB)
SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players, 7 BB)
SB checks, hero...?

I can't win by checking, but should I just give up? How about the rest of the hand - misplayed on every street?
Old 10-26-2007, 08:47 AM

Default Re: three barrel?

Yea, I guess you have to bet. I would have considered checking behind on the turn.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:17 AM

I dunno why cause I usually get a free card or two out of it or str8 value bet, but the denizens at Commerce usually play K10 and KJ like this against me
Old 10-26-2007, 11:05 AM

Bet. Against most strong players I expect to see them calling me down with 6 decent kicker and c/r flop with most pp's better then 6. As played, I assume most players would dump weak pairs 7 handed at river when u fire again.

With hands like K-J/K-10 I find in sb's spot it is more appropriate to fire into sane pfrs at river to freeze up action against k-q and possibly ak, and get calls from hands like 88-qq that might check behind at 5th.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PF: Hero is button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but what's up with the preflop raise? Are SB/BB so tight that they fold 80% of the time and CO will check-fold most flops?

I don't think you need to outplay people at a 12-24 game. Straightforward play should be pretty close to optimal in a full-ring.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but what's up with the preflop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was wondering what people would think of that. It's not my usual play here, but I've been trying to open up my range a bit and I thought that playing hands like this in position would be a good place to start. Since there's a decent chance that it'll be 3-handed even if I limp, I figured that if I raise I will make it easier to win flops UI. Also, CO wasn't totally retarded, so his CO open-limp seemed to say that his hand must have been really bad. I should have mentioned before that the table was playing pretty tight (alternating between tag and tight-passive) and not many hands were going to showdown. I was surprised that both blinds came along.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:46 PM

Preflop is fine.

Betting the turn is bad after alot of draws make a hand that is going to showdown. Just take your free card.

As played, I fire the river.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is fine.

Betting the turn is bad after alot of draws make a hand that is going to showdown. Just take your free card.

As played, I fire the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything besides firing the river. Most straight draws have a pair and are looking you up. The only thing that I can see you folding out is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or similar.