Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Sage-System question NL

I am using most of the time the Sagesystem for my pushing and callingranges when the active stack gehts very short.
As much as i can the is the Sagesytem only used when the active stack is 7BB or shorter. But this don't meen that you shouldn't push with 9 or 10 BB does it? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

here an quote from the SageSytem: [ QUOTE ]

6BB Stack: SB(Jam) 25 / BB(call) 29
7BB Stack: SB(Jam) 26 / BB(call) 30

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the point where the Sagesytem "ends"
there is no advice for 8BB so i carried it on by myself and it looks liek this:

8BB Stack: SB(Jam) 27 / BB(call) 31
9BB Stack: SB(Jam) 28 / BB(call) 32
10BB Stack: SB(Jam) 29 / BB(call) 33

is this ok and still ev+ vs. everybody who don't push/fold perfect? (sure we will give up some value if we are only playing push fold with somethink like 15BB... but the push/fold should still be ev+ or? )

and till which BB-stacksize do you stop playing push/fold (ok i don't mean that you never limp but if you raise you raise allin) ?

btw: sorry for my bad english! i really had trouble write my german thoughts down in english :/
Old 10-19-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Sage-System question

First of all, the SAGE-system is only optimal against someone following the SAGE-system. It is profitable against any other type of player, but not optimal.

The reason why the SAGE-system "stops" at 7BBs is that at around that point a push/fold strategy becomes exploitable. Not by much in the beginning, thus "correct" push/folding is hard to beat even up to 10BBs, but at 15BBs it is easy to beat.

So push/fold all hands up to 7BBs (unless you have a read which makes doing something else better). Mix in some non-push/fold moves with 8-10BBs and stop open-pushing at 11+BBs unless you have some read saying you should.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:35 PM

If your opponent is not following SAGE and you feel you have an edge over them , then you should be deviating from this system . The contrapositive to this statement is true as well ; that is , if you feel your opponent has an edge over you , then you should be following this system as closely as possible .

Unfortunately , the raise or fold system otb breaks down at about 7 bb's . Moreover , this system has some holes if the button were to limp with 7bb's or less . It doesn't tell you what to do in situations like this .
Old 10-19-2007, 02:52 PM

ok thanks for feedback [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]