Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-03-2007, 06:13 AM

Default Re: *** Official 2007-08 Golden State Warriors Thread ***

[ QUOTE ]
yo gs fans and also fantasy enthusiasts: how will the return of sjax impact kelenna's minutes and fantasy production?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hurt him, obviously. But from a fan point of view, GS needs Sjaxx.

BTW: I only was able to watch the 4th Q (returned home from Celtics game) and although Kamen was playing great, the fact that such a terrible big man was able to exploit the GSW def doesnt bode well for them. I mean, think about it this way:
The Mavs are very good but have very little interior scoring. (if any)
The teams they have had problems with (even the Clippers tonight/last night, granted I didnt see first 3 quarters, but without Brand should've been a win!) are able to score inside. Think about it this way -
Spurs (Dunc)
Suns (Amare)
Jazz (Boozer)
Rockets (Yao)
Grizzlies (Pau)
Hornets (West)

That leaves only a few teams that WONT be able to give them trouble inside (Lakers, Mavs, etc.)
Old 11-03-2007, 03:24 PM

bob could you throw in a guess as to how many minutes hed be getting a game? lets say he will continue with about 30 a game right now. is it going to drop down to 18 or 20 or will the swing down only be to about 25?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bob could you throw in a guess as to how many minutes hed be getting a game? lets say he will continue with about 30 a game right now. is it going to drop down to 18 or 20 or will the swing down only be to about 25?

[/ QUOTE ]
im assuming he'll still get alot given how he has been playing!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The opening seven-game stretch will be tough as they have:

UTA
@LAC
@UTA
CLE
DAL
DET
LAC

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. So frustrating to watch. Decent chances to win @LAC and vs CLE, but 0-4 and allowing 120/game. They look like the Nuggets of the 80s without the shooters. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm going on the 29th, hopefully they have a couple of wins by then. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 06:05 AM

wow that game hurt. I feel so bad for the guys in the locker room, they played their best and just barely fell short. Obviously the W's lost the game at the line, but Azubuike and Baron played about as good basketball as you can play. Tonight was Baron at his best; he and Monta played the entire game, and Baron played most of the 4th quarter with 5 fouls. I rail on his shot selection all the time, but I was shocked when that last shot didn't go in.

I don't understand why Nellie insists on playing Baron (and Monta) so many minutes. I couldn't help but wonder if Baron had set for 2 minutes late in the 3rd or early in the 4th, would he have had the energy to make that one more play the game required?

Obviously this team needs Stephen Jackson badly on Defense, but with Harrington and Azubuike and Baron playing as well as they are, I think they've got a good winning streak or two in em as soon as they get over that first win hump.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:52 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

Yeah, that was such a depressing loss. I think azabuke and Baron look awesome. Biedrins has looked terrible. When Harrington isnt shooting crazy 3s I love him, when he is, not so much [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 01:54 PM

Does anyone have a Youtube link to a compilation of Biedrins shooting free throws? Damn that is some entertaining [censored] right there.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously this team needs Stephen Jackson badly on Defense, but with Harrington and Azubuike and Baron playing as well as they are, I think they've got a good winning streak or two in em as soon as they get over that first win hump.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention that when Jackson is in, he makes Biedrins more effective on offense, is able to put the ball on the floor when the offense stagnates, and actually shoots 80% from the line.

No doubt he takes his share of questionable shots, and the bitching to the refs when the play is going the other way has been well-documented, but they really are a different team when he's on the floor. Scary.

ETA: As an aside, as a Niners/Warriors/Cal fan, this last six weeks or so has been [censored] excruciating. I think I've seen one win since late September. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 02:22 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

Niner/Warriors/Cal fan here too. My friend who goes to Cal is trying to talk me into going to the game tomorrow. I'm not sure I want to be around for the 4th loss in a row [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 11-09-2007, 02:24 PM

Do the hornets really give you guys that much trouble.... if so is it actually because of west, or is it because CP3 runs circles around the baoron

(i have never watched a hornets vs. GS game... and I haven't looked up any stats, jus guessin)