Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 09-25-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Getting Max value on flopped set, FT 2/4?

Main villain (BB) is 22/16/1.6, can't remember him ever 3betting PF, over 160 hands.

Other 2 villains play lots of pots, the more conservative one is 66/6/0.7. Other 2 villains also call down alot with A high and bottom pair type hands,

Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (10.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

My question is how bad did I butcher the hand trying to get max value. I was being passive wanting SB to call the bets thinking a raise would prob fold him out, because of all the PF action.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Getting Max value on flopped set, FT 2/4?

I think the flop call is OK but definatley raise the turn BB will likely put in two bets anyway so doesnt matter much if SB folds if BB has aces or kings he might even get spewy and 3 bet you never know, IF your plan works and SB check calls whats to say he's gonna put more money in on the river anyway ?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:28 AM

That's what I was thinking, raise turn, if SB calls bonus money but atleast BB is calling the extra bet, and prob one more on the river as he did.

Any thoughts on raising the flop, pros and cons?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:23 AM

cap preflop and just keep betting and raising.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:03 AM

I am playing aggressively on the flop and I want the BB to think I am overplaying AJ. If some donk has 76 here or is peeling with overcards + backdoor flush draw, I am going to charge him to get there.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:07 AM

In a pot this size this is absolutely horrible IMO. Just hit the bet/raise button as often as you possibly can.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:27 AM

This is the worst played JJ hand I have ever seen posted on any message board.

WOW!

Cap preflop and its not even close. The pot is either going to be 4-way in which case you have a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE equity edge. If the pot isnt going to be 4-ways but 3-ways you get dead money in the pot by folding out the SB and your eq is still huge.

Preflop is so terrible I felt like banging my head into the table - and then you topped it by your flop play.

WHAT

THE

[censored]?

What the hell are you thinking man? You have the NUTS in a 4-way pot that was 3-bet preflop. Why the hell would you ever not raise and jam this flop?

What ever you were thinking on the flop has to stop instantly or you will never ever crush online poker. wow!

Ok I have bashed you enough. As played you need to raise the turn for value. BB has AA, KK, QQ, AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, TT, 99 and you are way ahead. Since its 3-way its an even easier raise.

[ QUOTE ]
My question is how bad did I butcher the hand trying to get max value. I was being passive wanting SB to call the bets thinking a raise would prob fold him out, because of all the PF action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell would you like to keep SB in for 1 bet when you can jam the flop and get 4 bets in on the flop and 2 big bets (at least) in on the turn?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:12 AM

just keep clicking the raise button from preflop on
Old 09-25-2007, 11:16 AM

OP just remember every time you had KK in this spot, fast played, won a big pot vs. AQ when the guy spewed when his Q hit or lost a big pot to AK because for some reason he b3-bet AKhi vs. you pf cap OOP.

You have to jam that flop man. HAVE to.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:16 AM

I didn't cap PF, because I'm pretty certain BB already has me beat. Like I said BB has never 3bet PF. Why put more money in a pot you're pretty sure you're beat on.

My reasoning for not raising the flop was to keep everyone in calling. Like I said there was one reasonable player in the hand and 2 calling stations that weren't letting a pair go, ie pocket 22's on up, for one bet but probably for 2 bets they would fold.

As for the range for BB it is much smaller than AA, KK, QQ, AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, TT, 99. His range is AA, KK, QQ, AKs.