Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Why is Nation a mod in this forum?

Yeah, I don't read FR and don't really care if nation is or is not its mod, but LOL at all the people in this thread who are acting like nation stole the Conch Shell of Modship and doesn't deserve the +2 bonus to Posting Ability it confers or whatever

Modship doesn't confer anything special or come with a lot of rights, benefits, or privileges, guys. It's kinda hard to get removed unless you actively suck.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Modship brings certain benefits which, to be perfectly frank, you're not earning.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you actually get for being a mod? Do they pay you in Sklansky bux?

[/ QUOTE ]

the only thing i get is the ability to read all the juicy gossip in the mod forum. whenever i'm bored i just browse the archives and read up on 2p2 dramabombs. it's like history class.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:57 PM

Mat feels that mods are doing a favor for the site and won't publicly criticize them or de-mod them unless they are like super terribly awful (Sniper) or they bring outside problems onto 2p2 (JJProdigy)

I think it's the right way to do things too, modding just gives you extra work and if you really care about the mod forum you can ask a mod about stuff going on in there.

Edit: not implying nation is doing a bad job btw
Old 09-23-2007, 09:04 PM

also

[ QUOTE ]
but LOL at all the people in this thread who are acting like nation stole the Conch Shell of Modship and doesn't deserve the +2 bonus to Posting Ability it confers or whatever

Modship doesn't confer anything special or come with a lot of rights, benefits, or privileges, guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.

i don't understand why everyone is so keen to mod an internet forum. good longtime posters have just as much say as to the direction a forum will take without having to do all the grunt work!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:04 PM

mason55 is correct -

All the nation haters are kind of ridiculous with all the "what does he do to deserve to continue to be a mod?"

Why would his job be in jeopardy in the first place? Unless you really think that his association with the FT sweat-shop gang warranted a mod-revoking somehow or you just think nation is truly that horrible there is no reason to de-mod him.

Nation did forget to mention that along with whatever increased rep or status he might have with the green name and along with getting to read all the exciting gossip in the mod-forum you also get unlimited PM's whereas the regular posters have a 210 PM limit.
Woo-hoo!!! Unlimited PM's FTW!!!

Of course, the mods are probably doing more for 2+2 then they receive in return for their mod-ship. I think most do it because they simply care so much about these forums.
You just don't get that much in return really and it's not a big deal. You do it because you want to and the team-effort ends up making 2+2 an incredible resource for poker information as well as a nifty not-so-little community.

When I was made a mod I was told that I could do either as much or as little work as I wanted. It's a freaking volunteer job afterall. If for some reason there was a situation where I wasn't enough mod to handle it or I just wasn't available or didn't feel like doing it then more mods could be appointed eventually if necessary.
As long as you aren't really horrible somehow or just completely vacate the forums like [censored] appears to have done there is no reason to de-mod anyone really.

So when I was a mod I got kind of amused at some of the PM's or stuff mentioned in a thread that such-and-such was reported to me or complained to me a full 8 hours earlier and I had yet to respond or do anything about it!! OMGZZZZZ!!!!!111!1!11!1!!!!
Ummmm, contrary to the impression one might get from my frequent postings on here I actually DO sleep sometimes. I'm not sitting at home clicking refresh over and over on some useless thread that doesn't interest me and frantically checking my e-mail to see if someone said something offensive enough to warrant a notify-mod that requires immediate action.

Here's how I operated as a mod and how I assume almost everyone else does also:
If someone has a problem then I'll get to it when I get to it. If that ends up being 2 or 3 days later then too damn bad and everyone can deal. The red-admins can step in if it's some super-duper emergency.

The entitlement that some posters feel about the mods needing to do this or that right-away and that their little complaint needs to be responded to sans-haste because somehow mods aren't ever supposed to sleep is pretty ridiculous.

The mods aren't Stars support. They're just regular posters who got appointed to mod-ships because Mat or whoever wanted to add them to the team. So they volunteered to help out a little whenever they happened to be availble. That's it.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Set up more drunken 2+2 donk games at Ceasar's. That was fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, that was me you noob [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] nation and I look nothing alike, my shoes are nicer. lol.

OP: What do you think a mod's job is? Often when someone complains that a mod isn't doing his job, its because he or she doesn't know what the job actually is.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:09 PM

"my shoes are nicer. lol."

i agree completely and i would like it if you could help me pick out some black shoes i can wear with jeans. <$150 if possible. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"my shoes are nicer. lol."

i agree completely and i would like it if you could help me pick out some black shoes i can wear with jeans. <$150 if possible. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

call me you noob, you only live like 1 mile away. and LOL at LESS than $150, thats not happening to easy.

PS: Black shoes with jeans = nerd. no worries, I will pimp you up.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In which case, no offence but maybe you should resign? Modship brings certain benefits which, to be perfectly frank, you're not earning.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol like i could make my post do the following:
[b]
<blink>STFU NOOB</blink>

edit: ahhhh crap i don't deserve to be a mod
Old 09-23-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In which case, no offence but maybe you should resign? Modship brings certain benefits which, to be perfectly frank, you're not earning.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol like i could make my post do the following:
[b]
<blink>STFU NOOB</blink>

edit: ahhhh crap i don't deserve to be a mod

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Closed Thread