Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 06:17 AM

Default 5/10 - A4s flops middle pair; folds turn -- boring

Villain be playing every other hand. He no good. Me no good?

5/10 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.16 BB
Old 05-25-2007, 07:58 AM

Default Re: 5/10 - A4s flops middle pair; folds turn -- boring

He may be playing every other hand but is he also raising the flop every other hand? If not this fold seems fairly standard.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:10 AM

you didnt post any stats, but if this guy is playing any other hand, he could easy have worst 4, 2 or flush draw if he plays it agressively. I think call down is a good option here
Old 05-25-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you didnt post any stats, but if this guy is playing any other hand, he could easy have worst 4, 2 or flush draw if he plays it agressively. I think call down is a good option here

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i would like to know about post flop tendencies.

if you knew that your 5outs were clean...you'd almost be getting close with implied odds to hit. however you obviously do not know that you could get two on the river &amp; your outs are likely tainted.

however, you could be ahead so that should be a little bit off an offset to you being a little short on odds+implied odds.

if the board was dry, this would be an easy fold.

even with the drawsy nature of the board, i think you should probably lean towards a fold... unless based on your prior impression of his previous post flop tendies make you think that you are more likely to be ahead here and he is more likely to be drawing....then I'd call down absent a rivered club.