Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 04-14-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Starting to play 6-max vice FR

I have logged about 5k hands now at 6 max, 3k of them recently and I now have a better grasp and feel more comfortable at 6 max than I had in the past.

My table selection and, as a result my seat selection has been outstanding, getting seated at table where the average vpip is over 50% and many times lucky to sit on the left of a 70+ vpiper.

This is obviously a huge bonus.

I have been trying to isolate the bad player with marginal holdings, ie 77+, A8o+, KTs+, A7s+. However, with most of these games, the players behind cold call soooo much and leaves me little information when they peel a flop with any two cards. It pretty much makes for a c/f with nothing out of position on the turn or river.

With this in mind is it best to go back to calling with these hands (minus the A8o, A9o)and then punish as per normal with the premium holdings?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Starting to play 6-max vice FR

There are a lot of things to consider when switching from FR to SH.

- The rake becomes a bigger factor. Be more aware of rake schedule, rakeback and bonus.

- The game still evovles around the blinds and since you will pay the blinds more often you should try to improve your blind play.

- Players are more loose and aggro. The range you mentioned for isolating a limper is too tight for most games, however if the game is loose like the ones you play, you can limp a lot more.

- Your chances of playing the hand in position postflop is a huge factor against bad loose players. The difference in your VPIP UTG and OTB should be big, something like double up. Likewise dont raise marginal holdings without SD value OOP if you know you are gonna get plenty of callers. Like KTo in MP and JTs in the BB after limpers.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The difference in your VPIP UTG and OTB should be big, something like double up.

[/ QUOTE ]
I used to play like this (14/28), now I'm opening about 18% UTG and my VIP OTB is ~30%. But yeah, there should be a huge difference.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The difference in your VPIP UTG and OTB should be big, something like double up.

[/ QUOTE ]
I used to play like this (14/28), now I'm opening about 18% UTG and my VIP OTB is ~30%. But yeah, there should be a huge difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over 7k hands mine is 17/26. There have been many times where I folded stealing hands because I knew both blinds were along for the ride.