Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-29-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: HU vs unknown

[ QUOTE ]
I had just written some crap until I saw it was HU. You gotta have some kind of read. Is he 3-betting lightly? Value betting much? Folding much or calling down? What's your image?
What I'm trying to say is that these HU matches depends soooo much on the flow of the game and how you perceive eachother. Often it's difficult for outsiders to say anything interesting.

But as a general rule I 2-time his ass in this spot. You'll get looked up by lots of pp's and 9x. Against some opponents I can fold to a 3-bet but I'd also call against some.

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd hand of HU, so no reads at all, what are we thinking if the river blanks? most still call here?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the peels are standard unless you've got some sort of sick read on the guy.

I agree that 5's arent is range evre unless its 55, but he did just fire at every street. You'd have to PS it. River raise depends a lot on any sort of read, is he willing to 3barrel here with KQ? What is he gogn to call a river raise with? TT-KK? 9x? 66-88? Most players know that the A hit most of your range

[/ QUOTE ]

again, absolutely no reads which makes this hand appliable to everyone cuz its a general spot lots run in to.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:36 PM

I would just call vs an unknown. Id really only raise against an aggrotard who just barrels w/o thinking. Any opponent with a functioning brain realizes that your range is heavily weighted towards A-high hands. Decent opponents will take a b/f line w/ underpairs sometimes so the only value i get out of raising is against the worst of the worst.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:36 PM

define blank? I call because I'm a unblufable station and if I think I'm going to playing this guy for more than acouple hands I want to know what he's going to 3 barrel OOP. I wouldnt expect to win often but HU I like to try and get a read on what line an opponent is goign to take as quickly as I can. Beware though, I blow at HU :-D
Old 11-29-2007, 07:39 PM

Against a total unknown I'll call a blank river. I think I raise river and probably call a 3-bet in this situation (expecting to lose - I just wanna see his hand + many people make retarted river raises). I wanna show down either way so I can get some information. That's what HU is about most of the way.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:42 PM

You need to raise the river for value and i dont think you can fold to a 3 bet. HU is an information saturated environment and you need to have an idea about how he is playing so you can make better decissions later in the match. Calldown lighter in the start of a huhu match so you can adjust a lot more to how your opponent is playing. He could be valuebetting AX, 9x, 4x, pocketpair and bluff the scarecard with a FD. I think i would cap for value PF and the posibility to bet/3 bet a good flop.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:44 PM

People saying that he knows that ur range is weighted towards A-high: 1) For this reason the ace is a perfect bluff card and our opponent probably knows that and calls with more than you think. 2) Hero could easily have 3x or 4x on the river, hence villains valuebet in spite of the scary ace.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:45 PM

yea he doesnt even have enough to make a full 3 bet, so consense reraise river for value. And call if it was a blank?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to raise the river for value and i dont think you can fold to a 3 bet. HU is an information saturated environment and you need to have an idea about how he is playing so you can make better decissions later in the match. Calldown lighter in the start of a huhu match so you can adjust a lot more to how your opponent is playing. He could be valuebetting AX, 9x, 4x, pocketpair and bluff the scarecard with a FD. I think i would cap for value PF and the posibility to bet/3 bet a good flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post. And I cap preflop too now that I think of it.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to raise the river for value and i dont think you can fold to a 3 bet. HU is an information saturated environment and you need to have an idea about how he is playing so you can make better decissions later in the match.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the best play really to make getting this information more expenive to start the match? Villian has to know the A hit OP's range hard. I want to see what he plays that agressively and dont think we're good enough here to warrent a raise. We're basically [censored] if three bet, and probably called, but still cant fold