Default Re: Sean Taylor Shot at Home

RIP
Old 11-27-2007, 11:48 AM

RIP, what a shame.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really glad to hear the good news about this. Just hope he doesn't slip back into a coma or some crazy [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 11:52 AM

kc,

The thing is that I don't think it's a faux pas in the least. You want me to admit that I'm far less emotional about stuff like this than most people, you got me!

Also, even though we disagree, I realize YOU got that. You're a sharp dude. We might share different feelings on message board do's and don'ts, but whatever. The idiots who say "omg you should be permabanned" or "how did you get modded" however, don't get that kind of credit.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:57 AM

Dids, you can be such a douche some times.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dids, you are such a douche all of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-27-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This makes me sick.

I have never really gotten upset about a 2+2 post before, but Dids you are so far out of line here its unbelievable. I think you should be permabanned for that comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who understands what Dids was trying to say here? It may have not come the way he wanted it to or in the context he meant it, but I understood completely and the only thing I got out of it is "There is more to the media misperception of him as a bad guy than just the gun incident". [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] As I read it, the comment was why the some in the media felt the way they did.

Fair or unfair, but spitting incidents will always follow someone whether it be Robbie Alomar or Bill Romanowski and also look like a vile act, regardless of how great a person is otherwise.
RIP, very sad for the family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

Not that I expect most of the simpletons that read this site and engage in the usual hysterical moaning when horrible stuff like this happens to be able to understand that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume that you are ignorant as to how much you suck at life, and it's not that you are purposefully malicious, but dude, just stop posting.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kc,

The thing is that I don't think it's a faux pas in the least. You want me to admit that I'm far less emotional about stuff like this than most people, you got me!

Also, even though we disagree, I realize YOU got that. You're a sharp dude. We might share different feelings on message board do's and don'ts, but whatever. The idiots who say "omg you should be permabanned" or "how did you get modded" however, don't get that kind of credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, Dids, I'm more in line with you than you think. I'm largely the same way. I don't get broken up about this sort of stuff for whatever reason. I've had unpopular thoughts in other cases much like yours here. However, I've managed to keep those thoughts to myself and show a little class from time to time. I think we just disagree on what's actually tactful in this case.

I agree that the permaban stuff is silly. I'll stop talking about it now, because it's just making it worse.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:18 PM

What Dids said was insensitive and could be taken wrong but I forgot about it the moment I read this in BBV4L:

[ QUOTE ]
Why did he get shot and who shot him. You have to be doing something wrong to get shot imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

ianisakson was the all-star poster who said it
Old 11-27-2007, 12:19 PM

I think it's very telling what is ok to say and not ok to say during incidents like this is completely dependent on who the person is and what they do for a living. Probably a conversation for a different time and thread.