Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Re: cp 30

I think you played the hand fine. I agree with PBob that it would take an act of congress or God for me to lay this hand down in a 6 handed limit game from the BB. As far as the call two cold on the flop, I don't see any reason to not call the cap here. (BTW I thought CP was a bet and 4 raises?)

I am struggling to understand the button's play here. Unless you missed the fact that there is a flush draw on the board, or possibly the x card in the flop was important as well. It's possible that maybe the x was a 4 and the button flopped a double gutshot, with a hand like 6-8s I think that most likely you are ahead of Schneids here, but not certain about the button. My guess is that Schneids has a missed A-Q or A-K and the button here has the same hand as you or a 9-10, possibly the missed 6-8s.

The check on the end is the play b/c you can't make much more plus you want to see how the river play develops...

All in all I am going to guess you chopped the pot, with the button...
Old 11-26-2007, 10:41 AM

schneids never beats you here, figuring out what the other guy has is that hard part
Old 11-26-2007, 11:56 AM

I should've said it in my first post but I wasn't really thinking much, the flop was definitely T53 with a flush draw. Turn J. River 3. I am 100% confident this is the right board (flush draw not quite 100% about, I'm also thinking it may have hit on the river, and also thinking there wasn't even one, so yeah I can't really remember) because I remember:
a) debating if I had a river value bet but deciding against it because I didn't know enough about your play and I thought getting to for sure see what you have was worth more than betting what I had which I thought was close to 40-50% to being the best hand vs both of you after the turn action and your river check.
b) deciding the button had to have A2, A4 or 67 (after he checked the river... I am pretty sure he raises the flop the first time with a flush draw on that board if he has one).
Old 11-27-2007, 11:36 AM

Why wouldn't we bet the river, given the turn action? Seems like we liked our hand enough to call two cold on the flop and things didn't appear to worsen as the cards came. Does button really have A10 and not bet the turn...I don't think so.

For the record, I probably would have folded to the flop 4 bet because Schneids is a God who absolutely must have a better hand than me and there is no way that my hand could ever improve enough to beat his holding.