Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: LC: Pooh-bah post (long)

congrats vers,

From what ive seen on the forum, you have leaks as any low buy in snger has, but your thirst to learn and willingness to improve shows that you should be able to get where you want to go with this game. I think its important to mention that, with your advice, if someone chooses to teach someone else how to play, that they should really take their own talents into consideration when shaping a plan and approach . It saddens me to see so many new SNGers look to coach new players, and just continue to pass on existing leaks or ignore other players' leaks for lack of knowledge. anyways, some good advice in there, good luck, and congrats.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:45 PM

nice post. this will help im sure.

[ QUOTE ]

-move down when your confidence takes a hit, esp during a downswing, the losses will hurt less and you should perform better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with moving down if confidece takes a hit but... there is no "during downswing". Swings have no ends while your playing. Obv you can say that "I had a downswing that lasted 1k hands" but you cannot know it when you play. You cant just "move down to play through the downswing and cut the losses". But you can move down "to get your confidence back". FWIW realizing this helped my game. While playing you dont know how you run - you just run.

More on this subjent on wikipedia
Old 11-23-2007, 06:03 PM

which software would you say is critical? Right now Im just running PT and PAHUD, do I really need others?
Old 11-23-2007, 08:35 PM

Karp, I should have said move down after a downswing or after you have ran badly. I realize there's no in a downswing when you play. It definitely helps after a downswing to know that your next session is not predetermined, you just run as you said. Thanks for the clarification, what you said is what I meant.

Fiasco, I use sngpt (you can get free icm calculators as I've seen, but I've never used one), I also think Tourney Manager is really helpful b/c of all the filters you can implement, especially the stats depending on hour of the day and stats by # of tables. When I was playing on FTP, I bought idleminer and ran it like mad. It's really helpful for all of the sng to have stats (reliable ones over large samples) even though you may not have played with the villains before. It really helps for future game selection too. Autohotkeys on stars and fulltiltshortcuts for FTP make multitabling a lot easier and reduce the chance of timing out (which can be a problem if you're not a super fast player).

Thanks to everyone else for the kind words, comments and considerations (esp AMT). I have only coached 3 ppl so far formerly and I think I am going about it in a pretty good fashion. I realize some of the weakpoints in my game, and I think I'm pretty good at realizing close ICM spots, so I make sure to run those. I try to not make sure not to pass on my leaks/weak points in my game (I know this is tough/impossible if you don't know your leaks), but if there's a really close spot, I won't pretend like I know what is best.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:37 PM

Nice post vers, keep on the good work (and keep posting in my topics [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).
Old 11-23-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good post, good advice. gl in the future

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-23-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Don't make your 2+2 name the same as every SN you have on every major poker site.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

Nice post man. BTW, the instantaneous rate at which you post > the instantaneous rate at which I post.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Don't make your 2+2 name the same as every SN you have on every major poker site.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you gotta change it a ton like me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2007, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be obvious, but why not?
Old 11-24-2007, 07:22 AM

Nice post, and thanks for comments in my threads. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]