Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-14-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

You know its weird. Nothing totally horrible has ever happened to me. Probably the worst thing was struggling at college for a year and getting C's and maybe titling off 10k on full tilt one night, lol.

But whenever I read stories about husbands that cheat on their pregnant wives or people who steal from family memembers, I always get so mad for like 15 mins, even though these are complete strangers. However this takes the [censored] cake.

Unreal. And whats even more upsetting is the reprecussions. Nothing can be done?!?!? What!?!??! People win lawsuits for the most ridiculous things, jesus I remember some fat kids trying to sue McD for making them fat. You are telling me with that one girl's testimony nothing could be proved in CIVIL court?!??

And wtf is going on with the parents. I do not want to hear anyones argument for doing anything else, but physcially hurting or killing some member of the offending family. Let the mom take care of the younger daughter. The dad is struggling at work? Depressed? Take a god damn handgun, wait outside the "killer" families house and [censored] waste their daughter. Period. Thats it. How can you let this go?

My father lost his brother to a tragic accident in India, when my dad was 21 and his bro was 18. He still thinks about him, but has moved on. But my grandparents have never forgotten and each day it hurts. Maybe they forget for awhile, but whenever they have time to think the pain never goes away. Never. I would never wish on my worst enemy to lose a child.

Now, if this ploy was by the young girl who was "un"friended, then it becomes murky. But the ADULTS were involved. They perpetuated the account.

Man. I am going to be so pissed off for the rest of the day. I wish I never saw this thread. I hope 20/20 picks up the story and some crazy Christian group exacts revenge.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AlexM-

Stop being a dumbass or levelling everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]
He can't. The person in question is fat. Ergo, anything she does is automatically morally reprehensible. In fact, it's probably just as well she killed herself before she grew up and had kids to raise to be fatties too.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AlexM-

Stop being a dumbass or levelling everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]
He can't. The person in question is fat. Ergo, anything she does is automatically morally reprehensible. In fact, it's probably just as well she killed herself before she grew up and had kids to raise to be fatties too.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Nath[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know its weird. Nothing totally horrible has ever happened to me. Probably the worst thing was struggling at college for a year and getting C's and maybe titling off 10k on full tilt one night, lol.

But whenever I read stories about husbands that cheat on their pregnant wives or people who steal from family memembers, I always get so mad for like 15 mins, even though these are complete strangers. However this takes the [censored] cake.

Unreal. And whats even more upsetting is the reprecussions. Nothing can be done?!?!? What!?!??! People win lawsuits for the most ridiculous things, jesus I remember some fat kids trying to sue McD for making them fat. You are telling me with that one girl's testimony nothing could be proved in CIVIL court?!??

And wtf is going on with the parents. I do not want to hear anyones argument for doing anything else, but physcially hurting or killing some member of the offending family. Let the mom take care of the younger daughter. The dad is struggling at work? Depressed? Take a god damn handgun, wait outside the "killer" families house and [censored] waste their daughter. Period. Thats it. How can you let this go?

My father lost his brother to a tragic accident in India, when my dad was 21 and his bro was 18. He still thinks about him, but has moved on. But my grandparents have never forgotten and each day it hurts. Maybe they forget for awhile, but whenever they have time to think the pain never goes away. Never. I would never wish on my worst enemy to lose a child.

Now, if this ploy was by the young girl who was "un"friended, then it becomes murky. But the ADULTS were involved. They perpetuated the account.

Man. I am going to be so pissed off for the rest of the day. I wish I never saw this thread. I hope 20/20 picks up the story and some crazy Christian group exacts revenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

im with you on this one, me and my roommate both said "burn their house down" - lol
Old 11-14-2007, 07:13 PM

The parents obv can't do much cuz they' be fingered right away.
But to be honest, if I was living in that neighborhood..I'd wait till the house was empty and torch it so at the very least they are gone for good from the neighborhood.

If it was my kid that they did this to, I'm not sure I'd kill them but I would def do my best to ruin their lives/maim them.

Say your the father...your only daughter is dead, your wife is basically nutso from guilt, your marriage is over, your getting divorced and the [censored] that aided in the death of your daughter live down the street and are charging you for throw [censored] on their lawn.

Worst case scenario...I drag that bitch out into the middle of the street and set her on fire because my life as I knew it is over.

Best case scenario...I beat the living [censored] out of the mother but don't kill her.

Somewhere in between...I just maim her and cut out/off her tongue, thumbs, and nose making the rest of her life a pain in the ass then split the country.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:16 PM

also - i would have to agree with my esteemed colleague kyleb when he said there's not a lot you can do with this in civil court, even if the other myspace account hadnt been deleted, i dont think being an [censored] over the internet is something you can be held civilly liable for, even if the irl results are something so terrible.

also, how much money can you really squeeze out of these people? they dont sound like the type to be working high paying jobs if they have the time and energy to [censored] with a little girl on the myspace - and no matter how much money it wouldnt bring their daughter back anyway. just an awful story
Old 11-14-2007, 07:16 PM

but is bullying illegal? being mean?

although they are why she died... they didn't kill her. people overlook this. they may have wanted to. even told her to do it... but they didn't do it. so imo the punishment cannot be big
Old 11-14-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Wow, I feel horrible for her parents, they are going to be second guessing themselves for the rest of their lives

- "lets sue" / "lets press charges." *sigh* it was 13 year olds messing around with a grave consequence; while the family would probably win a civil suit what does that accomplish? i hate this sue happy society...

[/ QUOTE ]

qft on both counts

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No joke: If somebody did that to my child, I'd kill them.

Obviously, I don't recommend that anyone do this. I am just stating what I believe I would do if I was put in this situation. I'm only 38, but from the last 15 or so odd years, my life has become pretty repetitive, anyway. The only change is that I have a son and its the best thing to see him growing up. If that was taken away from me, well, there's just so much eating, drinking, humping, watching tv, and playing poker that one can do. If I added to that line-up of daily events the sorrow of knowing that some bastard(s) were responsible for killing my child (and the fact that my child was no longer here) I would just as soon die, anyway ... and, I would be taking some revenge before I went.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting, I have an analogy which is actually a true story. Say your son is dating a girl in college. He is in love with her. She cheats on him, and then breaks up with him, knowing full well that he has had issues with depression in the past. He kills himself shortly after the breakup. You coming after the girl or the guy she cheated with? Seems to me like it would unwarranted even though they were cruel in a way. I guess maybe the key difference is they weren't doing it to hurt this guy. Does it change anything if the girl wants to hurt your son's feelings because he ignores her/ the guy hates your son for some reason?

Do people deserve to die for being emotionally cruel/mean to somebody that has depression issues?

[/ QUOTE ]

First: I need to clarify ... If an ADULT did that to my child, I'd kill them.

Your scenario does not seem analagous. In yours, the parties are (more-or-less) on the same level and they have (more-or-less) voluntarily entered into the situation. The girl broke his heart, happens all the time for better, worse, good or bad.

As for the scenario here. An adult is supposed to know better and this one intentionally involved herself with a teenage girl with the intention of destroying her (not just figuratively). She was intent on making her life hell and for her to become the butt of jokes and embarrassment. Really, how hard is it to "win" when you are up against an unsuspecting, vulnerable, teenaged-girl (especially when she doesn't know she is "up against anyone").

This is evil; I don't want that in my world. Under those circumstances (projected on to my own), I would be so sad that I probably would kill myself or at least give up the will to live. If I had other children, I mightt not in order to protect them and prevent further truama.

As it is, I would not want to live the rest of my life in grief and feeling like I have to answer to my wife for allowing this situation to happen. I think she would understand.

And, before I went, for better or worse, just or unjust, moral or immoral, I would kill the adult who intentionally tormented my child.

In the end, who really cares? I don't bother anyone, and 100 years from now, nobody is going to know I existed, especially me. I wouldn't mind that my final statement to this planet is to exterminate a cruel, insufferable person that gets off by tormenting vulnerable people.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:42 PM

Great [censored] analogy, comparing a gf breaking up with a boy she doesnt love with adults who knew a THIRTEEN year old girl was suicidal/depressed and messed with here because she unfriended their daughter. Do you think me having drunk sex with my gf is akin to me having drunk sex with a 14 year old?

And for everyone talking about civil court etc. wtf do you know. Are you a lawyer? I took two intro level law classes at school and even from that little amount I know there is a least a decent chance of proving some type of causal liability. I distinctly remember a chain of reactions case study we did.

A doctor stopped by the side of road to help out an accident victim. He did some relatively minor thing to help her broken arm, apparently didnt set it right and grew back slightly twisted and he was liable. Some guy misused a nail gun when he was drunk got a settlement. Some chick split coffee on herself and McD made a settlement. Those all happened.

I agree there is no way the "evil" parents could face criminal charges, but they could at least try to show they were liable. Knew the childs history, manipulated others to help perpetuate the account, etc.

Man I cannot believe stuff like this happens. Unreal. The guy lost his wife, his job, he is too old to start over. I cant read this thread anymore.