Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-09-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Massive Hero fold

results?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
results?

[/ QUOTE ]

Button called with top 2 and of course BB had the clubs. At the time I was so sure that I would have even folded if the pot was 50BBs or 75BBs. It was that clear to me. Still, I realized I had to sweat for a couple seconds of the time after I folded and before the cards were shown down. Because I sweated it, I figured hmm, maybe it's not worth the satisfaction of making a tight fold and I really should just pay off. Even though I'm never good.

I think what it is is there's a pyhrric victory to "owning" BB here by not paying him off even 1BB when he makes his hand, and that psychological boost may be why we make hero folds. But the tilt that might be induced by the bizarre scenario in which our hand would have been good could outweigh that, thus arguing for a call here. Hard to say, really.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:32 PM

How does the fact that BB bet/3bet the flop factor into your feeling that he must be on a flush draw?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does the fact that BB bet/3bet the flop factor into your feeling that he must be on a flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the notes tab on this player it said "likes to jam draws"
Old 11-09-2007, 08:22 PM

That was a fun hand. Glad I caught that club on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Nice fold btw... I thought for sure both you guys were on straights. KJ lol.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:29 PM

This is a good fold. Protected pot, BB's hand is face up, yada yada. I don't even think it's really that close, though obviously it's a pretty unique situation.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That was a fun hand. Glad I caught that club on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Nice fold btw... I thought for sure both you guys were on straights. KJ lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol really, BB was you? BTW if you had tried a river c/r, I would have checked, hoping button checked behind. If he bet, you may get 2BBs out of him, but still 0 out of me.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:02 PM

It's a good fold because this really isn't exploitable, even if BB is a good player. I can't see a hand where BB would get to the river on this line and then try and bluff both of you out of the pot. There are times where good players will try and bluff other good players out of big pots, knowing they have a third player beat, but this isn't one of those times.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol really, BB was you? BTW if you had tried a river c/r, I would have checked, hoping button checked behind. If he bet, you may get 2BBs out of him, but still 0 out of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was me, Jc 5c amirite?
Old 11-09-2007, 09:49 PM

Note to SB: Next time, have QTo, be playing against 2+2ers, and donk the river when the flush comes in. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]