Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 11-08-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: I think I\'m only dealt JJ

[ QUOTE ]
I like the idea of a turn 3-bet and it did cross my mind but I wasn't comfortable folding to utg's 4 bet and if button had spades he can't go anywhere and I'm in the same spot.

I ended up making a results oriented good fold on the river convinced on the turn that button had a spade draw or TT+, when the Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hit the river and he called I obviously narrowed his hand to TT+ and he called the turn so fast that I was convinced I was beat.

I'm still unsure if this was a good/bad fold.

Utg yelled out "Ace!" and tabled AKo, I nearly knocked my chair over until the button turned over KK.

As always, thanks guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Results oriented fold? You were behind whole way, scared money doesnt insta call turn two bets. Also, at any point you make a move on this pot, all you will do is result in the psycho folding river and scared money calling you. You played it best of your ability, gratz, most of the posts on these forums is of guys like me in middle of a train wreck suicide bombing.

As stated, it looks like a marginal spot calling psychos raise on turn then hoping button folds river. I'm surprised you didn't think twice about folding your hand from the sb pf (which I don't think is a +ev fold in this spot, but I would at least ponder it).

There are times when I thought about mucking JJ on the bb against a tight/scared money player 3 betting early in and both times I made the incorrect call not getting 7.5 to 1 and sucked out.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Results oriented fold? You were behind whole way, scared money doesnt insta call turn two bets. Also, at any point you make a move on this pot, all you will do is result in the psycho folding river and scared money calling you. You played it best of your ability, gratz, most of the posts on these forums is of guys like me in middle of a train wreck suicide bombing.

As stated, it looks like a marginal spot calling psychos raise on turn then hoping button folds river. I'm surprised you didn't think twice about folding your hand from the sb pf (which I don't think is a +ev fold in this spot, but I would at least ponder it).

There are times when I thought about mucking JJ on the bb against a tight/scared money player 3 betting early in and both times I made the incorrect call not getting 7.5 to 1 and sucked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a results oriented post. The decision was not easy on the turn, and I believe OP made the right play on each street. We're calling the river when a non-[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] undercard to our Jacks hits too.

And you suggest considering folding JJ from the SB PF? Huh?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:24 AM

JK,

Please describe/name the psycho. Does he also play 10/20?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold. Realistically, decent player could hold qq/kk here or a-x big suited, but I really don't like being oop and having to call 1-2 more bets down the road against a pyscho on a 4 card straight board. I doubt you are ahead much in this situation... it's sorta 50/50.

Edit: tired from playing all night, so let me add. You might actually call this turn raise and see what happens at river. If psycho bets, decent player calls, I think it's safe to muck your hand there and not shoot for overcall.

On a side note: I think this man's psycho church going cousin paid me and a friend a visit in Norcal last night as well...

[/ QUOTE ]

I originally wrote a long post responding to you jskills, but decided to just requote myself.

Results oriented post eh? I believe I posted that I'd fold/call 50/50 in this spot. And I posted that before the results of the hand/many other posters chimed in.

Next time please scroll up before marking my post as 'results oriented.'

Edit to add: I also praised the op's ability to play the hand so well, and wondered why he was beating himself up when he played a tough spot very well and made a good fold on river when he finally collected all the info. I pointed out some small other decisions that he may/may not take into account next time. Maybe it came across the wrong way, for that, I apologize.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JK,

Please describe/name the psycho. Does he also play 10/20?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bernie? If yes, he does play 10/20
Old 11-10-2007, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a decent player but who admits to playing with scared money (he is a 10/20 player taking a shot) 3-bets otb

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's really playing with scared money and is taking a shot, this tends to mean this is a very legitimate raise with a great hand.

b