Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 12:05 PM

Default I think I\'m only dealt JJ

The game is insanely good. One of the best I've seen in a long time. All the decents are out of town (I'm looking at you LA/Australia in one day sir)

There is a man who is a psycho. He plays every Sunday and raises 8/10 hands, the other 2 he randomly limps or is in the blinds. So far he has 4-bet A3o pf, raised the 93o utg and must've gone to church because he is up around three racks.
His turn aggression is huge and frequently raises with 1p/2p/semi bluffs/outright bluffs. Ex: he raised pf I 3-bet 77 he c/raised me on a K834ds board and my hand was good when he barreled a 2 on the river and exposed 79o. But he will also have the goods as its tough to put him on a hand which is what he loves.

The game has devolved into 9 players vs. him.

He raises utg, a decent player but who admits to playing with scared money (he is a 10/20 player taking a shot) 3-bets otb, I cap J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the sb and they both call.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet and they both call.

Turn 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet, psycho raises, decent player instantly splashes 16 chips into the pot. And I consult 2p2.

If I do call what are my plans for a blank river? a spade? or overs?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: I think I\'m only dealt JJ

I'm confused what decent players action was on the turn? raise or call?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:17 PM

i think the "decent player" has 77.

question what do you estimate psycho's range here to be? because a raise on an all rag, connected board is somewhat different from a bluffraise on a K-high board.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 PM

Sorry for the confusion, decent player calls 2 bets on the turn.

Kit, his range is literally anything and more if he can detect weakness. He is liable to have a 3 as well as overs, flush draw, one pair, 2 pair.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:26 PM

Fold. Realistically, decent player could hold qq/kk here or a-x big suited, but I really don't like being oop and having to call 1-2 more bets down the road against a pyscho on a 4 card straight board. I doubt you are ahead much in this situation... it's sorta 50/50.

Edit: tired from playing all night, so let me add. You might actually call this turn raise and see what happens at river. If psycho bets, decent player calls, I think it's safe to muck your hand there and not shoot for overcall.

On a side note: I think this man's psycho church going cousin paid me and a friend a visit in Norcal last night as well...
Old 11-08-2007, 12:51 PM

Call a bet and I call 1 bet on all rivers.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:26 PM

What about a threebet? "Decent player with scared money" seems like the type to do it against.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:40 PM

As phsyco myself i check the turn against someone with 169 combinations for a range but as played you have to call the raise and most like likely call one bet on the river but not 2.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:43 PM

Yea id call down. I think button has KJs AJs KQs ATs AKs AQs a ton.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:50 PM

Your turn decision is read-dependent on the decent player. If he 3bet PF, what's his range? Would he 3bet to isolate with AK,AQ,AJ-A9? Would he three bet any pairs small enough to hit the flop; probably not? From your description, it smells like AsKs or AsQs and he's going nowhere until he sees that river card, perhaps 10-10,9-9,88. You 3betting turn doesn't accomplish much unless he'd lay down those pairs.
As for psycho, lol, I'd like to call him down if heads up. Don't see how an overcall is like ever successful.