Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

View Poll Results: My Sharkscope stats are off by:
Results, please 5 8.20%
0 % 35 57.38%
1-3 % 13 21.31%
4-6 % 2 3.28%
> 6 % 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 04:43 AM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

[ QUOTE ]
I left a comment on that article. Others should do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

i did as well. i definitely felt compelled to after reading the article.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I left a comment on that article. Others should do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

i did as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-20-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't want to burn Mason for his remark just lost complete respect for him is all. I think I'm being leveled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over the years I've lost track of the number of people who have lost complete respect for me. So at the very least you should know you have a lot of company.

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

i respect you mason <3
Old 10-20-2007, 04:49 AM

I have no idea the size of any advertising contracts between the two... but "news" titles like this tilt me.

http://www.allinmag.com/article.php?article=1088
Old 10-20-2007, 04:55 AM

N82,

I've been checking my pt databases as you suggested. It's a good way to spend some productive time while we're quietly waiting for the Absolute statement.

Edit: btw, somebody started a thread in Internet Gambling. I'm such a computertard, I don't understand it. Somebody may want to take a look: how dataminers can help build case vs Absolute

Do you have any more information for the Seif/Stuck rematch of 2/16/2006? Have either of the players provided the necessary hand histories?

Thanks

gg
Old 10-20-2007, 05:15 AM

Mason, we've never formally met, but I have played with you a few times at Bellagio.

Anyway, please take a look at the 9 questions I posted for AP (reposted below), and see if you can present some or all of them in regards to their latest bogus "geek with something to prove" story.

I can assure you that their version of events is completely false, and I presume you are intelligent enough to see through that. Just in case you've missed something, please take a look at my questions for AP and present them to whomever you speak to, on behalf of the 2+2 community.

1) If this was a rogue employee trying to prove a point that the site could be compromised, why not do it at play money instead of the highest real money games?

2) Furthermore, if he was looking to prove something, why not just do it ONCE and show his managers what he did?

3) How does chip dumping fit into all of this?

4) Why were 4 accounts necessary to "prove" this? Why did this reoccur over a period of nearly 4 weeks?

5) Why did the initial "conclusive" investigation totally discount the possibility of a superuser?

6) How could the hand histories have been actually looked at and concluded to not have been cheating, when even relative poker novices can see the POTRIPPER tournament and conclude something is wrong?

7) Who was actually registered to GRAYCAT, STEAMROLLER, DOUBLEDRAG, and POTRIPPER?

8) Explain the process in how Scott Tom was framed. How was it done so perfectly?

9) Why was a compromise only admitted AFTER 2+2 obtained too much smoking-gun proof for them to continue the denial process?
Old 10-20-2007, 05:43 AM

This may sound like a weird request. But is anyone actually on speaking terms with Doyle Brunson, to get his take on this? Supposedly in the 60s/early 70s the games in Vegas were all crooked. But they (I'm guesing 'they' = the honest players in some cooperation with the honest card rooms) finally cleaned that up, and eventually the game took off.

I wonder if they went through the same trepidations about exposing a crooked player or card room--as to its effect on the casual player?
Old 10-20-2007, 05:49 AM

I have read all the threads on the topic, but missed some of the last one. Can someone please update me on why people talk about AP blaiming the scandal on a rogue employee? I was under the impression that the rouge employee part is what Nat wanted edited out of the cliff's notes in the beginning of this thread, but now I see Dan Druff mention it again? Other than that, I'd just like to say thanks to everyone involved in the investigation. Well done!
Old 10-20-2007, 05:52 AM

msnbc:
Online poker cheating blamed on employee

Quoting Adam Small:
“What they said on the phone was that it was not Scott Tom ... and that he has sort of framed Scott Tom,” he said.

How do you "sort of" frame somebody?

gg
Old 10-20-2007, 05:57 AM

Deleted
Closed Thread